All tracks duplicated

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

noelweston

All tracks duplicated

Post by noelweston »

Hi -

I've been using MM for ages, and rarely end up here as it just works. However, I'm foxed with this one.

I've just built a new Windows 10 PC (Enterprise X64) and migrated everything across to it, including my Lifetime Gold license of MM 4.1.11.1783. Once I'd followed the guides and run the scripts to locate all the moved files, everything works fine, except that now all the tracks in my library are showing and playing twice.
It doesn't matter whether I look by location, artist, genre etc. - everything shows twice. The only things that are right are my playlists.

Screenshot:

I have re-scanned the library, and have startup and auto-scanning on. Any thoughts as to what I can do next?

Noel Weston
dtsig

Re: All tracks duplicated

Post by dtsig »

Have you checked the file location property to be sure they are exactly the same
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
noelweston

Post by noelweston »

Yes, the file properties for the two copies are identical.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Sorting on Date Added may allow for quick removal (only from Library!!!).
Just Guessing

Post by Just Guessing »

I have seen this quite a bit!

However, I never nailed down exact causes. In my case it was RELATED to a SCRIPT that filled the main window with tracks. If I wasn't on a certain type of node in the media tree, then this nonsense showed up. Once it showed up, I think I had to remove tracks from library and rescan them back in. (haven't seen the issue for a while)

Are you using any mediatree/node creation/fill mainwindow type scripts?

Anyway, hope someone has can sort this one out.
noelweston

Post by noelweston »

OK, so I can sort individual folders by date added and remove the duplicates... but in a library of 2,500 or so albums / folders, that's going to take a while... It would appear that the duplicates are all from when I moved to the new PC.

No, I'm not running any scripts - the only thing I ran recently, with the move to the new PC, was the "update location of files in the database" script / addon.

So, is there any way I can script / direct access the database to get rid of the duplicate entries?
rivorson

Post by rivorson »

The only thing that I can suggest as the cause of this is if MM scanned the files on the new PC before you ran "update location of files in the database", but from your description it seems like that isn't the case.

Whatever the cause, the fastest way to select all of the newly added duplicates is to create a new autoplaylist. Set it to search Entire Library then on the advanced tab add a new condition as follows:
Property: Added
Condition: >
Value: the date that you installed MM on the new PC.

This will show all of the tracks that have been added since the new install so you can remove the duplicates without having to go through each folder. And as Lowlander says, be sure to choose 'Delete from Library only'.
noelweston

Post by noelweston »

Thank you - that was (relatively) quick and easy. All cleaned up and back to normal now.

I haven't used auto-playlists before - thanks for that tip.