Backup of MMA database

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

MonkeyStrut

Backup of MMA database

Post by MonkeyStrut »

Hi --

I'm using MMW 4.1.11.1783 (gold) to sync the 200 Go SD card of my Galaxy S7 edge using MMA 1.1.3.0554 (Pro).

I once have lost my MediaMonkey-related metadata (e.g. ratings) from the database, but all the files were still there (because I tried putting a .nomedia file in my folder to stop Media Server running in the backgound -- wrong choice). When I tried to resync all my files, I thought that just the meta-data would be added, but in fact, it "told" me that nothing had to be synced because all the files were there already. So I wasn't able to recretae the metadata. I thus had to delete them all and syn again.

Would copying the phone and SD card Mediamonkey folder would save the database and would have prevenetd me to delete and resync all files again?

thanks.
Lowlander

Re: Backup of MMA database

Post by Lowlander »

I'm not sure you can restore a MMA database. However tag changes are made in the database and that's what is synced back to MMW on sync (if you enable device to PC metadata tag sync).
MonkeyStrut

Post by MonkeyStrut »

What I don't understand is that when metadata (ratings) is lost on the device, but files are still there, this metadat is not restored during a new sync. I have first to delete the files.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The MMA database links the files to MMW, thus loose the database, loose the link.