Mediamonkey suddenly reset itself

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Kalia

Mediamonkey suddenly reset itself

Post by Kalia »

As stated in the title, I woke up this morning to find that mediamonkey has suddenly reset itself, and all of my music, settings, themes etc are completely gone. I did nothing in between using MM perfectly fine last night, and then turning the computer on this morning, only to find everything wiped. Is there anything I can do to get my library back?
Lowlander

Re: Mediamonkey suddenly reset itself

Post by Lowlander »

http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... eset--lost

Search for MM.DB on the whole PC (include hidden files). That should give you the correct database as well as the one currently in used based on Timestamp and file size.
_Chris_

Lost playlists and new skin ?

Post by _Chris_ »

Hi all, on MMG on Windows 7, have been using this for many, many years and have been very happy with it, haven't had any issues with it for quite a while now, but, it all played great a few hours ago, then just a few minutes ago, turned on the laptop, plugged in the ext hard drive with the tracks on it as normal, but MMG has now got a completely different skin and all the playlists gone? Any ideas what on earth is going on please?
Last edited by Lowlander on Fri May 19, 2017 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
_Chris_

Re: Lost playlists and new skin ?

Post by _Chris_ »

_Chris_ wrote:Hi all, on MMG on Windows 7, have been using this for many, many years and have been very happy with it, haven't had any issues with it for quite a while now, but, it all played great a few hours ago, then just a few minutes ago, turned on the laptop, plugged in the ext hard drive with the tracks on it as normal, but MMG has now got a completely different skin and all the playlists gone? Any ideas what on earth is going on please?
(Thanks for the merge of posts). I would add that it is the Portable version installed.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

That should be far more stable. Still check to find MM.DB as that's where your Playlists are.
_Chris_

Post by _Chris_ »

But what makes these things happen? I haven't used any utility programs since last using it successfully.
_Chris_

Post by _Chris_ »

OKay, have found 2 MM.DB's - 1 from this morning and 1 from later on. What next?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You'll need to use last modified to see which one would be the correct one. Then replace the one currently used with the correct one.

Location of the currently used one may also reveal something about what happened: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... -ini-files
_Chris_

Post by _Chris_ »

I know which db is the correct one, but what do I do next please?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Like I set copy it to where the currently used database is.Then start MediaMonkey.
_Chris_

Post by _Chris_ »

Lowlander wrote:Like I set copy it to where the currently used database is.Then start MediaMonkey.
I did and still the problem is there.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Then you didn't replace the correct database. Open MediaMonkey, add a file to the library, then close. Search the whole PC for MM.DB (enable hidden files and folders in Explorer Options first) and see which has a Date Modified that coincides with this last use of MediaMonkey.
_Chris_

Post by _Chris_ »

I did exactly that and it hasn't worked. Instead, how do I 'point' MMG to the correct database?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Then you either didn't copy the correct database or didn't copy it to the correct place.

Alternative: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... e-location
_Chris_

Post by _Chris_ »

As clearly mentioned: I did exactly that and it hasn't worked. but thanks, will look on that link.