RegExp Find & Replace 4.3 w/ 253 presets (2011-07-06) [MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

ZvezdanD

Re: RegExp Find & Replace 4.3 w/ 253 presets (2011-07-06) [M

Post by ZvezdanD »

quietroom wrote:the field is called Encoded By and contains Flac or similar ripping information or itunes stuff
MediaMonkey doesn't support "Encoded by" field:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... oded+field
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 52#p315352
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

sordup wrote:I am looking to copy a specific portion of a field, of only X characters in length, into another field, replacing whatever, if any, string was there before.
Did you try the "Assign specified number of characters from the middle of <From Field> to <Into Field>" preset?
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
quietroom

Post by quietroom »

A BIG THANK YOU to MMFrLife and ZvezdanD for your time and information, I searched the Web for an answer and came back with a crude but simple way of solving my problem. Which is to select the files in windows and right click for properties, details, etc and just delete the unwanted information. I know it's not perfect but it beats doing one file at a time. Once again MMFrLife and ZvezdanD Thank You for your time. Regards Quietroom
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

I'm glad you have some way of dealing with it :) . I tried changing it in Windows properties and I can only alter the
info in the top section (media) of details. Anything below (including Audio section, with Encoded by) can't be.
I'm using Win7. It may be some sort of special rights thing. What OS/ver. are you using?

The only other way I know that changes the info in that field is to reconvert to same/different specs using
a program other than the one used to rip that's listed in that field. Of course, that doesn't clear it. :-?
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
quietroom

Post by quietroom »

Hi MMFrLife, as I said I searched the web which gave me a starting point, the rest I found out by trail and error below is how I done it, but please before you try it MAKE A COPY.
1. Select all your files then right click for properties then details.
2. At the bottom of box is "Remove Properties and Personal Information" click on this and a new box appears.
3. At the top of this box is two options, I chose the second option "Remove the following properties from this file" this gives you everything that is in the properties box.
4. Select the fields you want to delete and press OK

I hope this is of use to you but please proceed with care Regards Quietroom

P.S. I'm using Windows 7
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

I tried all that and out of the three sections of info, Media, Audio and File, only the Media section presents
check boxes for you to select. You can "highlight select" the Encoded by field in the Audio section,
but it doesn't do anything. :-?
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
😜
quietroom

Post by quietroom »

Hi MMFrLife, I'm surprised because if you select the second option "Remove" it provides a selection of check boxes for you to check, all you have to do is select which ones you want to clear, there is no need to highlight anything just select the check boxes for the fields you wish to clear and it should work when you press OK. I have done several hundred files this way today with all different data in the fields and they all cleared no problem. The only way I could see this not working is if your files are write protected "Read Only" wishing you luck Regards Quietroom
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Yeah, I guess that's the difference. For some reason, selecting remove option shows checkboxes for "everything" in "all" three sections for you but not for me.

Oh well, just another mystery I'll try and look into. I do notice that your properties dialog box is arranged differently than mine.
A couple of the sections are named differently and the info on mine seems to be consolidated into a lesser # of sections.
It maybe the reult of Windows updates. What type of 7 do you have (mine is Home Premium)? Is your version up
to the last update?

If you don't know don't worry about it, just curious. Thanks for the info and good luck to you in your
merry Monkeying ways! :D
😜
quietroom

Post by quietroom »

My OS System is as follows

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

But I must admit I have never seen any difference in the properties box before ? I hope you get it sorted Regards Quietroom
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

This is bizarre indeed, as we have exactly the same version. Oh well, not a pressing issue, as I'm not trying to achieve what you are. It is still annoying that
I don't currently seem to have the same functionality :( .

Anyway, getting a bit off topic here, but if anyone has any ideas, just PM me about it.
Thanks
😜
sordup

Post by sordup »

ZvezdanD wrote:
sordup wrote:I am looking to copy a specific portion of a field, of only X characters in length, into another field, replacing whatever, if any, string was there before.
Did you try the "Assign specified number of characters from the middle of <From Field> to <Into Field>" preset?

Ooo! I didn't see that one. I will check it...
GuidoR13

Preset Assign Disc number from [(Disc/CD nn)] ...

Post by GuidoR13 »

Hello, thanks for this GREAT script.

Regarding your preset "Assign Disc number from [(Disc/CD nn)] from the end of Album name". This does not deal with some of my regular cases.

After some optimizing you may find this one useful:

Code: Select all

RegExpEx(oSongData.AlbumName,"
^(.*)\s+(?:\(|\[)?(?:CD|Disc|\(){1}\s?(\d+)((\s?(v|\-|/|von|of|\s)\s?)\d+)?(?:\)|\])?.*$
",0,1)
Works Album CD3
Works Album CD 3
Works Album CD3v4
Works Album CD5/4
Works Album CD4-6
Works Album CD 4 von 78
Works Album (CD4)
Works Album (CD 4)
Works 4 Album CD 45
Works Alb1um3 3 Disc 6 HUHUH
Works Album (3)
Works Album (CD1)
Works Album [CD 1]
Works Album (Disc 1)
Don't AlbumCD3
Don't Album 3
Don't Album 3. CD
GuidoR13

Preset Add Track number to the begin of Title

Post by GuidoR13 »

Hello,

I have a (new?) problem with replacing when a string contains a questionmark "?", e.g. with "Add Track number to the begin of Title": The title "Bist du in Ordnung?" leads to an expression error in the unchanged preset.

Screenshot http://www.tiikoni.com/tis/view/?id=028783e
MMFrLife

Re: Preset Add Track number to the begin of Title

Post by MMFrLife »

GuidoR13 wrote:I have a (new?) problem with replacing when a string contains a questionmark "?", e.g. with "Add Track number to the begin of Title": The title "Bist du in Ordnung?" leads to an expression error in the unchanged preset.
Works fine for me.
What version (Standard or Donate and #)?
😜
ZvezdanD

Re: Preset Add Track number to the begin of Title

Post by ZvezdanD »

GuidoR13 wrote:I have a (new?) problem with replacing when a string contains a questionmark "?", e.g. with "Add Track number to the begin of Title": The title "Bist du in Ordnung?" leads to an expression error in the unchanged preset.
That should not happen. Do you get the same thing after restart of the program? Could you install my Event Logger add-on which could show additional information about the error? If not, could you upload your database packed with Zip to some file sharing service like Dropbox, so I could try to reproduce the problem?