Wifi sync vs USB sync

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

gggirlgeek

Wifi sync vs USB sync

Post by gggirlgeek »

Hi,

My device seems to be syncing successfully both ways including tags. However, the Wifi Sync settings and the Windows MM settings (over USB) don't seem to match as far as space limits. The android app's settings matches the specific files I selected in Windows MM but over Wifi it wants to sync enough files to fill my whole SD card instead of the 3GB I set it to over USB on Windows MM.

Also, when I resync, Windows MM sees the files on the Android as new and tries to copy them to the computer again (to a different path since the Android and Windows paths are different.) This is just FYI. I have disabled Device-->Library syncing. I am starting with an empty phone and only want tag changes to sync back.

More FYI: There is only one sync profile listed (or enabled) for my phone in MM for Windows.

Is there anyway to set the Android Wifi Sync to a space limit? Last, Is there anyway to change Wifi Sync settings in Windows MM?

Windows 7x64
Android 5.1.1 Rooted - Custom Rom
LG Leon H345
60GB SD card (not syncing internal)
Mediamonkey Pro Android v.1.1.3.0554
Mediamonkey Gold v.4.1.12.1798
Last edited by gggirlgeek on Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My current favorite software: MediaMonkey Gold!
Peke

Re: Wifi sync vs USB sync

Post by Peke »

Please upgrade to MMA beta and test again, there is number of fixes there.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
gggirlgeek

Post by gggirlgeek »

I don't see a beta after the latest stable release 4.1.12.1798 here Test builds. This is the version I am using.

Update: You probably mean the Android beta. Will try.
gggirlgeek

Post by gggirlgeek »

No luck. Same issue -- Android wifi sync wants to sync 5000 files in spite of me specifying in Windows that I only want 3Gb synced. (This time I had not connected over USB first.) I canceled the sync.

Update: I am also getting a message in MM Windows that the file in the Temp folder is Read Only. I have to confirm it for every file. I have tried switching the Temp folder to a different drive and changing the Security and Sharing permissions so that all users have Full access. The messages won't stop. It only happens over wifi sync.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Make sure you're looking at the right Device Profile in MMW when syncing. USB sync maybe syncing to the wrong location and wifi isn't, but that means the Device Profiles are switched.

You should be able to see in MMA itself what it wants to sync over wifi in the sync settings.
gggirlgeek

Post by gggirlgeek »

I have 2 phone profiles that MMW automatically setup when I connected the USB: LG-h345 Internal and LG-H345 SD card. I have disabled the Internal profile. I configured the SD card profile. The file selection in MMA matches what I selected in MMW for the SD card profile. (In MMW I have selected my entire Music Collection and enabled a random selection.)

It's just that MMA wants to sync 5000+ files over wifi.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Then send a log from MMA (from About screen) right after sync and open a Support ticket with the logID.
monkey hi fi

Post by monkey hi fi »

the speed of the computers now I just use the usb sync its easier and does what I want.

roving cowboy / keith hall / monkey hi fi 8)
shayneb

Post by shayneb »

I am having this same issue; MediaMonkey seems to ignore any "reserve free space" settings when syncing wirelessly. Syncing via USB works correctly.
Peke

Post by Peke »

I'm not being able to replicate the issue.
Best regards,
Peke
rivorson

Post by rivorson »

I can replicate it. I added my Music collection to the sync list and set the option to sync a subset and reserve 5120MB of storage space. The sync used up all of my storage space and failed to complete due to lack of available space. For that I submitted debug log 5MHDL2Q5J4. Then I thought that maybe transcoding was causing a miscalculation of the space that would be used to I created a new collection containing only mp3 music and used the same settings to sync a subset and reserve 5120MB, but the result was the same. I submitted debug log TVYNQE6UM2 for the sync without transcoding, but I had to leave the house while it was syncing so the debug log was delayed by a couple of hours.

I did notice on the first sync that MM was trying to sync about a fifth of the collection and not everything so it is successfully picking out a subset of tracks. It just looks like the storage space calculation is producing the wrong results. Maybe MMA is reporting either total capacity or used capacity instead of available capacity.
rivorson

Post by rivorson »

I forgot to deselect the full Music collection for the second sync in the previous post, so I have created another debug log following a sync with the correct sync list. This is with no transcoding, syncing a subset of 'mp3 music' to reserve 5120MB of space and the sync used all of my storage space then failed. 7Q5R2HJJCU.
shayneb

Post by shayneb »

I just submitted Log ID: KMI1UF3TKY of my results. Wireless syncing results in ALL tracks being synced (or attempted), regardless of space settings.
shayneb

Post by shayneb »

Is anyone looking into this?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
This should be fixed in latest MMA Beta (build 612). See http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 68820&sd=d
Best regards,
Peke