Music player for iPhone: Cesium [#13564]

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

willyvds

Music player for iPhone: Cesium [#13564]

Post by willyvds »

Since iOS 10, it is no longer possible to change the star rating on your iPhone. Since I use the rating to generate playlists, this is very awkward. Generally, I dislike the standard iPhone music app more with every new release because it ties you more and more into the Apple Music store.
Now I have downloaded the music app Cesium and I can tell you it is absolutely marvelous. It costed 99 cents and has everything you want. Of course within the limitations that are set by Apple because Cesium works on the standard music library on the iPhone. But I can recommend it to anybody!

There is just 1 issue: it seems that the grouping field is not synced correctly whereas genre, composer etc etc are all synced correctly. Does anyone have an explanation for this? Could it be a bug either in MM or Cesium?

Regards, Willy
Last edited by willyvds on Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peke

Re: Music player for iPhone: Cesium

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Can you please supply some compare pictures of MMW grouping and Cesium grouping so that we can better understand the problem?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
willyvds

Post by willyvds »

I'm not quite sure what you mean by pictures.

I will try to explain more clearly
- I manage my music with MM
- All my songs have the GROUPING field filled; I use it for subgenre and I use it to autosort the library. I mean the top field on the second screen; I believe it is called TIT1 in the ID3 standard
- When I look at the mp3 file to see the property fields with MS explorer, I can see that the grouping field is indeed filled
- When I import the mp3 file in iTunes, and look at the properties, again I can see that the grouping field is filled
- When I sync this file -using iTunes- to my iPhone, I can see the correct grouping on my iPhone
- However, when I sync this same file -using MM- to my iPhone, the grouping field is empty. Not just for 1 song, but for all my music.

So: I think MM maybe doesn't sync the grouping field to the iPhone. Or at least not correctly.
As I said, all other fields (title, genre, composer, album etc etc) are synced correctly.
Hope this clarifes.
Peke

Post by Peke »

By pictures I meant picture of Cesium showing track properties with grouping (one synced with iTunes, one with MMW), MMW with grouping filled. So that we can see what steps would be needed to get right information what and why MMW get things wrong.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi,
thanks for reporting.

Entered as http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=13564 and will look into it (to be fixed for 4.1.15).
willyvds

Re: Music player for iPhone: Cesium [#13564]

Post by willyvds »

It works fine now with the current beta release. Thanks for the service!
Regards, Willy