you did more work before i could come back with a beta report?
i been playing for awhile now on my win98 it works fine except one thing i found that is a big bug.
1. it will not work properly with other window scripts.
2. if i run a windows script that is made to run all day and it uses an Non media monkey related program. such as the msagents., i have a vbs script that is run by winscripts that keeps a msagent on screen all day just sitting there playing his guitar making it look like he is playing the music.
3. when i run that script and this auto rate script runs. there are multiple windows scripts showing up in the task manager. i found that out because it was so full it crashed monkey. and the computer.
4. upon some investigation i found that the auto rate script is killing the winscript and starting it again. making two of the same winscript running at the same time.
5. it does this with any program that uses win scripts also.
which can make for tons of winscripts running at once which is what crashed my system.
how do you get it to stop this i do not know. as it only does it with winscripts if i don't use any winscripts it works fine. so i am thinking that the best way to describe the error would be that
" Autorate does not play nice with winscripts "
6. i have found that the best way to get an over all rating for number of plays is to use the script to change the play counter and the last time played date.
the script is at this url.
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... sc&start=0
but there are so many update posts in that thread i am not sure which i have. but i think it is now included as a default install in monkey.?
but if there were a way to get this playcount script to run once a week on any day and at a certain time and select all the songs and reset them to zero play count that would be great as that would be making the rate beset from a zero count every week.
i'll just keep doing it manualy until some one can figure that out.
7. I have not seen if anything about the auto playlist closing and restarting causes anything Yet. but it is the first couple hours of testing this for you.
so give me time and i will see what it does over the whole day.
roving cowboy / keith hall.
not logged in just wanted to report on this.