RegExp Find & Replace 4.3 w/ 253 presets (2011-07-06) [MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

MMFrLife

Re: RegExp Find & Replace 4.3 w/ 253 presets (2011-07-06) [M

Post by MMFrLife »

ZvezdanD wrote:I suppose the simplest way will be if you use the "Copy <From Field> to <Into Field>" preset using Folder in the source dropdown box.
Yes, of course! :o I was using path. I almost tried folder but the thought made me think of specifying levels, and I know that preset usage having to do with
folders isn't always about specifying levels. :-?
ZvezdanD wrote:Of course, there are another ways as well, e.g. the "Assign the left side of <From Field> before rightmost specified string to <Into Field>" preset with specified "\", but this would result without the last (rightmost) "\". Or maybe even a batch with the "Copy Path to <Into Field>" and the "Remove rightmost part of <Into Field> between (and including) specified strings" preset, but that one would be most complex and requires more adjustements (Opening string = "\", Closing string should be empty, Remove opening string should be checked off).
Yes, that's the type of thing I was messing around with but ran into the same complexity of properly accounting for the strings.
Thanks, as always!! :)
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

ditc wrote:Is there a limit to how many tasks can run in one batch process? Also, will the batch process only work with a maximum amount of files? And if so, what is the max amount of files I can run the batch process with?
I have a "clear" batch with 28 presets that I've executed many times on probably as many as up to 50 tracks. I recently did it on 3 albums worth of
tracks and it works like a charm. What's the largest amount of tracks you've attempted at a time?
ditc wrote:Is there a way for me to search for or isolate all of the tracks that have all of these names, so that for example, i can delete all tracks that say "extended intro-clean and extended intro-dirty, while knowing that the other versions still exist?
You can use simple search for that (search "title:extended intro-clean" or the like; without quotes). Or, create a collection (Gold) with criteria signifying version of song.
As a test check, start by deleting one or two, then look for the other respective versions in the library/explorer to confirm.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
😜
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

ditc wrote:Is there a limit to how many tasks can run in one batch process?
The batch could contain as many presets/tasks as you have them in the INI file. I don't know what is the limit of the INI files, but the latest version have 550 presets and all of them could be put in a single batch.
ditc wrote:Also, will the batch process only work with a maximum amount of files?
I don't understand the question. The batch is just a collection of presets executed one after another. If some preset doesn't work in some batch then it won't work as a single preset either. The presets themselves do not have any limit on the number of applied files (upper or lower), and hence the batch of presets doesn't have any file limit.
ditc wrote:And if so, what is the max amount of files I can run the batch process with?
As I said, there is no limit, but I didn't test it on too many files since my database doesn't have as many files as your. I hope someone else with the larger database will answer on that question.
ditc wrote:Is there a way for me to search for or isolate all of the tracks that have all of these names
You could use either RegExp or Magic Nodes to find all tracks that have all specified strings using single preset/mask. For example, the "Show files with featuring artists in <Into Field>..." preset could find multiple strings (feat, feat., featuring, ft, ft., versus, vs, vs., pres., presents, presenting) inside some field.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
ditc

Post by ditc »

Thank you for the help and the answers! I am trying to run the batch process again with 300,000+ files to see if it will continue after the first task within that process. I will keep you updated!

To my second question, thank you for the suggestion. I haven't been able to find that particular preset inside of RegExp or MagicNodes, but perhaps I'm not looking hard enough. I think I was looking for something that could perhaps seek out for instance "all titles with same artist that begin with x number of the same words or x number of the same characters" So it's almost like a fuzzy search for the title, but it's taking into consideration that the first few words or characters are exact. I'm not sure if something like that exists. But thank you again for your help!
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

ditc wrote:I haven't been able to find that particular preset inside of RegExp or MagicNodes, but perhaps I'm not looking hard enough.
It may not be what you are looking for, but it's the last one in the Show/Select Findings menu (RegExpF&R). You can also copy and paste the name of the
preset (without quotes) from ZD's post into the search field at the bottom of the dialog box > click next until you find it.
😜
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

I'm looking for something like this,
"Path manipulations", Name: "Assign right-specified folder level of Path to <Into Field>...

but what I need is for it to,
"Path manipulations", Name: "Assign beg. of right-specified folder level of Path to <Into Field>...

additional details:
- there are no separators in the target level.
- the beginning to assign is always the same number of words but vary as to what they are.
Last edited by MMFrLife on Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
😜
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

I think I've figured it out, in my head (I'll have to test later).

something like,
Batch: Assign right-specified folder level..(from above) to "word manipulations", keep left-most number of words.
Last edited by MMFrLife on Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
😜
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

MMFrLife wrote:I think I've figured it out, in my head (I'll have to test later).

something like,
Batch: Assign right-specified folder level..(from above) to "word manipulations", keep left-most number of words.
Yes indeedy, that'll do it! :wink:
😜
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Is it possible to have an adjustment dialog not go away after you execute it.

For example, lets say I'm using something like, "Replace specified string with another one"

- I have 5 tracks selected.
- 2 tracks have the same string to place, the remaining three all have something different from that and each other.
- the replacement string is not the same for all of the tracks

I want to activate it from a toolbar button and continue to make the changes needed for the 5 tracks without having to re-click it
or create several toolbar buttons for all the changes. I don't want to have to bring up the Presets Editor (proper term?), either.

Maybe, a check box on the adjustment dialog for that; similar to "don't show this message again". Although, I'm assuming something like
that would be an MM API issue and not doable.
😜
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

MMFrLife wrote:Is it possible to have an adjustment dialog not go away after you execute it.
No, sorry.
MMFrLife wrote:For example, lets say I'm using something like, "Replace specified string with another one"

- I have 5 tracks selected.
- 2 tracks have the same string to place, the remaining three all have something different from that and each other.
- the replacement string is not the same for all of the tracks

I want to activate it from a toolbar button and continue to make the changes needed for the 5 tracks without having to re-click it
or create several toolbar buttons for all the changes.
So, you have 5 selected tracks, but you actually want to modify only 2 of them with one string and another tracks with another strings. How the add-on could know how many tracks should be modified for each string?
MMFrLife wrote:I don't want to have to bring up the Presets Editor (proper term?), either.
Could you explain why you don't want to use the Presets Settings dialog box in such case?
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

ZvezdanD wrote:No, sorry.
Ok, bummer
ZvezdanD wrote:So, you have 5 selected tracks, but you actually want to modify only 2 of them with one string and another tracks with another strings.
Yes.
ZvezdanD wrote:How the add-on could know how many tracks should be modified for each string?
You select them. You would still have to enter in each string that you wanted replaced, separately. The dialog just wouldn't go away
after each execution. When you are done, you exit out or click cancel on the dialog box. When you use the presets settings dialog you select the tracks you
want and you can specify a string, replace, do the next string without it going away or having to re-select anything. But I guess the little adjustment dialogs
function isn't sophisticated enough for that.
MMFrLife wrote:Could you explain why you don't want to use the Presets Settings dialog box in such case?
The advantage would be that you wouldn't have to find/load in the right preset to the preset settings dialog, if it's not the one you were using previously.
You just click the toolbar button and easily choose field and type/execute each string replacement.

It's a thought. Would be nice. But I figured it couldn't be done.
Thanks
😜
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

MMFrLife wrote:
ZvezdanD wrote:How the add-on could know how many tracks should be modified for each string?
You select them.
You already have selected 5 tracks. How the add-on could know which one of them should modify? You want to select already selected tracks?
MMFrLife wrote:Would be nice. But I figured it couldn't be done.
Actually, I already had a plan to implement something like that, but I wanted to use the modified Preset Settings dialog box.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

MMFrLife wrote:You select them.
ZvezdanD wrote:You already have selected 5 tracks. How the add-on could know which one of them should modify? You want to select already selected tracks?
You don't select tracks that are already selected. I was referring to the "first" time you select them. I'm not sure why you are asking that because when you do
it in the preset settings dialog it already seems to know how to deal with the tracks. Have you ever done "this particular" scenario with the preset settings dialog?

Here's an example:
I select 5 tracks. All of which have what I call "dirty" Titles. I mean, they are not simple/straightforward titles.
They are say, bonus tracks. They have stuff associated with them that are not in a format I like, (Alternate Track), (Alternate Track), [Live], (Rough MIx), Outtake.
- I want to change (Alternate Take) to alt tk, [Live] to live, (Rough Mix) to rfmx, Outtake to otk.
When I do this with the preset settings dialog, all I have to do is open the dialog once with the right preset. I enter the data for the
(Alternate Track) specification and "replace all", I then enter the next bit of data for the next specification and "replace all" again. In other words, it looks for the
specified string that I'm inputting and deals with it on a case by case basis without having to close it out and reopen for each string that I do.

Here is another way of trying to explain:
It's not trying to know how many tracks per each string. You are telling it what string to look for among the selected group of five when you enter
the data for each string. If I have five bales of hay and a needle, feather, dart and I hide them inside the bales and tell someone to go look for them,
the focus isn't really going to be that there are 5 bales or 10 bales, etc, all they will focus on is finding those objects among that group.

If you want to test what I'm trying to say, all you have to do is find five tracks and either insert or add things to them like /, . , [] or bonus, LIVE, Alternate
For Example, if I have a song called, "Love is a Wonderful Thing" I could make it a test dummy by Inserting a "/" to it, "Love is a Won/derful Thing" or add to it
"Love is a Wonderful Thing BONUS". Do that to 5 tracks with varied strings, then open preset settings dialog and just use that replace one with another preset
to change each string.

Anyway, it's a shame that the adjustments dialog can't do that. it would be quicker and smoother, toolbar button style!
😜
jgt1942

Post by jgt1942 »

I just installed RegExp Find & Replace, at first I'm totally blown away by the unordered list of 239 items. How in the heck do I find something in this list?

I'm in the process of cleaning up my library and suspect that if I knew how to use this script it would have greatly reduced the effort to do what I have already manually done.

Not to throw rocks but where is the documentation for dummies like me? I read what was at http://solair.eunet.rs/~zvezdand/RegExpReplace.htm and found it be zero help for me.

I have several entries (about 600) where the Title has a blank as the first character thus when I sort on the title all of these are listed first rather the order that they should appear in.