AIFF tag support [#6324]

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

Tode

AIFF tag support [#6324]

Post by Tode »

Dear developers can you please add tag support for aiff files ?
I think that this request is out from 2006 ? :(
I really want this because Pioneer CDJs, which are professional standard for almost all clubs around the world use just two lossless formats: WAV and AIFF.
Also Rekordbox support ONLY AIFF formats and i use this tool to prepare my playlists, make smart playlists, sort my music, etc and EXPORT all of this to an external drive storage.When i'm at a gig and i play LIVE music, i use the sort function on the CDJs to find what tracks i'm interrested (e.g. 5 star tracks, or a specific genre,etc). But with WAV i can't see the metadata and is useless.
I love MM so much and i really don't want to abandon my baby :(.
I'm willing to wait for this update but I want to know if this will be on your ToDoList on MM4 or MM5.
I love you guys!
Peace!
Peke

Re: AIFF tag support [#6324]

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Thank you for bumping this request. I've researched and although no clear about standard, but looks like ID3v2 is the way to go.

More details in http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=6364
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Fram

Post by Fram »

SUPER NEWSSS !!
waiting for this :D
Fram

Post by Fram »

This feature will be enable only in MM5 ? :(.
It will be great if it's completed at least in a MM5 alpha version (I would not mind to use it like that).
I'm sorry if I'm too insistent but every day that passes without this feature it makes me moving away more and more from mediamonkey and I've started to use other alternatives (Mp3tag,itunes etc). And at the same time I get used to the routine of using them. I hope I'll not get in that point because I've been a mediamonkey fan for many years.

Hope to hear good news :D !! Kudos!
Peke

Post by Peke »

Ok I raised priority a bit so when Michal gets to Codes improvements in MM5 it will be on the top list.

Also I checked and I'm not sure why AIFF when there is newer better supported Codecs than AIFF.
Best regards,
Peke
Fram

Post by Fram »

Thanks Peke, I appreciate it!
Yes, I understand you perfectly, there are newer better supported Codecs than AIFF and Pionner adopted them on new generation of equipment. (i refer to CDJ2000 Nexus 2 that support FLAC codec). But it will take a few years until we'll find the same standard everywhere, at every gig we attend.
For example, at this moment at most gigs i find the CDJ 2000 (released in 2009) and CDJ-2000 Nexus (2012) . I never played on the newer CDJ 2000 Nexus 2 that support FLAC. So it will take a few years before all the equipment will be aligned to the same standard. I can't wait until then :))

Hope to see this feature soon :D. Thanks again and have a great day all of you!
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Was my pleasure. When I was active I always brought my own equipment.

I'm guessing that I agree with comments over at http://djtechtools.com/2016/01/25/cdj-2 ... pressions/
Best regards,
Peke
fixme

Post by fixme »

i also want AIFF support in mediamonkey, now i can't stream 90% of my audio collection to chromecast audio and no i'm not gonna convert it to other format.
strange a free player like musicbee can do this and a paid mediaplayer(gold) still not in 2017...
Peke

Post by Peke »

As said in http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=6364 we are working on support it
Best regards,
Peke
Fram

Post by Fram »

I've seen updates have come up, but this problem hasn't been solved :(.
Do you have any idea how long it takes?
When a new update appears, I read with impatience the changelog to see if the issue was resolved :))
I also watch this: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=6364 to see the status. I hope you didn't get stuck at the last rusty's response :D.

Good luck with your work!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It will be in MediaMonkey 5 which is available as an Alpha release for testers.
Fram

Post by Fram »

Com'on guys :( 1 year had passed since i opened this request (and other 12 since the first request in 2006). Honestly, if a knew it will last so long I do not know if it would be worth the effort to open it from the beginning. In the ticket you opened the "Severity" is set to "minor" and i barely use MM at this moment. On the change log of the last MM5 release i can find this kind of solved issues: "Youtube tracks handling", "Most views are missing artwork", "Esc doesn't work in 'No Audio CD found' dialog" etc.
This is funny because minor issues like this are being solved while i can't see/edit any tag of more than 70% of my collection and due to this, in the past year, i've used MM just as a simple player.
I think if you wanted to help you have done it until now.
Fram

Post by Fram »

Even if took longer than i expected, the request has been implemented and that's why i feel compelled to thank you.
I wonder if you can add also "Conversion to Aiff".
Cheers!
brains4eva

Post by brains4eva »

I totally agree that full AIFF support should be added and i'm very glad to see that its being worked on. i was soley using media monkey and paid money for the licence only to end up not using it at all because I have started standardising on AIFF format for my library as its the only lossless format with tagging capability that the Pioneer CDJ's support (although didn't know until i read this thread that the nexus 2's do support it, i think those are mega expensive though). I don't even own CDJ's but am into DJing and hope to own some in the future and plus if i DJ out i want the process of putting files on a memory stick to be as quick as possible so don't want to be converting files each time (talking like i get loads of gigs there which is far from the truth lol) so am getting my library ready in the right format. As media monkey 4 doesn't support AIFF i am currently using a combination of Music bee for auto organising and J river for tagging which is less than ideal. I really want to be able to do that all in one package.