HTML table debris at end of Auto-Tag from Web function.

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

boober

HTML table debris at end of Auto-Tag from Web function.

Post by boober »

When using the Auto-Tag from Web function, the results for each song end with HTML table code (see below).
<table cellspacing="3px" class="song-credit-box"><tr><td style="background:#FFE39C; white-space:nowrap; vertical-align:top"> Written by: <Artist Name is inserted here.> </tr><tr><td colspan="2" class="plainlinks extlink" style="background:#FFE39C; text-align:center; font-size:85%; padding:0">Lyrics licensed by </tr></table>
Is this expected behavior? Can someone share where script for this feature resides so I can tinker if it's a known bug? I did search the forum and couldn't find anything for this.

Thanks!
Peke

Re: HTML table debris at end of Auto-Tag from Web function.

Post by Peke »

Hi,
What version of MMW you are using?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
boober

Post by boober »

I'm on version 4.1.14.1813, but I believe this has been happening for awhile now.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

You should update to the latest.
Has it been happening for the last 5 or 6+ versions or just the last couple maybe?
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
boober

Post by boober »

Strange, when I check for updates, the message states I'm on the latest version. However, checking the Download page, I see this isn't the case.

I obviously haven't been great about versioning, but I know it's been happening for awhile. It may have started last summer...maybe.

Anyway, I updated MM and ran a few albums. No HTML so far, but I'll work with it for a few days to verify consistency. Thanks for the help!
boober

Post by boober »

I just noticed that when I am viewing the Properties for a file, the Comments and Lyrics fields are both pure white. This is new behavior since the update. Any thoughts, or should I start a new thread for that? :)
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

It can be moved if the moderator deems it necessary.

Are you talking about inside "edit properties"?
Are you able to use the white fields?
Have you restarted MM and/or rebooted since problem?
What skin are you using? Have you tried others since problem?
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
😜
yarguy

Post by yarguy »

Do you mean these were cases where there should be data in the field? As far as I can remember, these fields, like every other field have always had a white background.
boober wrote:I just noticed that when I am viewing the Properties for a file, the Comments and Lyrics fields are both pure white. This is new behavior since the update. Any thoughts, or should I start a new thread for that? :)
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

yarguy wrote:As far as I can remember, these fields, like every other field have always had a white background.
It depends on the skin. Metro has a grey/black background. Whether data or not (in Edit Properties and File List).
Last edited by MMFrLife on Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
😜
Meander

Post by Meander »

the Comments and Lyrics fields are both pure white
Known issue. See:

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =7&t=87231
boober

Post by boober »

Yes, this is exactly it. Thanks @Meander

Otherwise, I've auto-tagged lyrics for more albums since the post and they all seem to be working fine. One bug down, one new bug to go. :)
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

...ok, for anyone else, should be fixed in .1831
😜