Files (songs) not recognized as audio content [#14142]

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

MomtoLab

Files (songs) not recognized as audio content [#14142]

Post by MomtoLab »

I put a bunch of cd's into my MMW library as virtual cd's and they play fine on my PC. However, the SongPal app (to stream them to a Sony wireless speaker) doesn't recognize these files as "audio content." This worries me and now I'm wondering what format these virtual cd's are actually in, if they're not recognized.

Ideas?
MomtoLab

Re: Files (songs) not recognized as audio content

Post by MomtoLab »

Gonna reply to myself on this one. It occurs to me that what I want to do with the DLNA is push it from my PC to the speaker, not pull it (which is what the SongPal app wants to do, I suspect). Off to figure out how to push from Win 10...
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

VirtualCD files are no different than normal Rips.

Are you playing from the MediaMonkey Server when using the SongPal App?
MomtoLab

Post by MomtoLab »

The SongPal app recognizes the MediaMonkey server (my PC) and the MediaMonkey library, but when I select a file from the server or the library, they're not "audio content." I'd prefer to control the playback of audio files using MM, but can't figure out how to "cast" it to the wireless speaker.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The speaker will need to support DLNA in which case right click on the MediaMonkey Player and use Choose Player to select it.

Which version of MediaMonkey and what file type(s) does this problem occur with?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Virtual CD format can be checked at Tools -> Options -> Virtual CD (I would not change path at this moment just to be sure as it can make problems and duplicate files if not set correctly)

Virtual CD is just Audio CD cache that can be lost anytime and you would need to insert original CD to be able to play it.

A question. Are you saying that if you access MMW using DLNA and try to play Tracks from Audio CDs that are cached in Virtual CD they are reported as non audio format but they play as normal in MMW itself?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
MomtoLab

Post by MomtoLab »

Lowlander wrote:The speaker will need to support DLNA in which case right click on the MediaMonkey Player and use Choose Player to select it.
Okay, I did not know to do this, so will try it when I get home. (Warned you that I was a noob...)
MomtoLab

Post by MomtoLab »

Peke wrote: A question. Are you saying that if you access MMW using DLNA and try to play Tracks from Audio CDs that are cached in Virtual CD they are reported as non audio format but they play as normal in MMW itself?
Right, mostly. In my many attempts to make this work, I connected to MMW using the SongPal app, which does not recognize the audio files as such. I'm not sure that SongPal was using DLNA (in fact, would guess it wasn't), but was simply trying to "pull" the audio files from MMW.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Thank you for the patience and effort to solve all confusion regarding DLNA with your sony speakers. Hopefully you'll make its settings stay on network mode (If I remember correctly default is BT mode and that is why MMA worked) and you should be able to play using Choose Player -> Sony SRS-ZR5 as you finally made it possible by setting WMP to do the same. I wish that they covered MediaMonkey also. Maybe you should write them the request who knows maybe in next version of manual someone would cover it.

Let me know if you need any more help.
Best regards,
Peke
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

My assumption is that MediaMonkey send the file as a .cda file to the client as it's stored as a .cda file in the database (eventhough the underlying file in the VirtualCD is MP3). If you have proper Auto-Conversion rules (either direct .cda to .mp3 rule or indirect incompatible audio to .mp3 rule) the whole thing should work (it does here with SongPal).
Peke

Post by Peke »

Best regards,
Peke