MM Android Album Art

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

johntr

MM Android Album Art

Post by johntr »

Hi Everyone,

Can someone tell me what changes in MMW triggers the album art change in MMA.

I've been trying to update artwork for some albums (all the files) after the initial sync. MMA detects that the files have changed and syncs the files but fails to change the album artwork.

I have the latest version of both MMW and MMA and I sync over wireless if it helps at all.

Thanks in advance.
Lowlander

Re: MM Android Album Art

Post by Lowlander »

Are all files on the Album changed?

Are you using the latest betas or regular releases of both?
johntr

Post by johntr »

Yes. All the files in the album has the new artwork, I can see that the files have changed in the Android file manager but MMA still shows the old artwork :(
Forgot to add that I am using the regular builds.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Looks like Artwork is cached. Have you tried to delete affected Cached artworks?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
johntr

Post by johntr »

That's what I thought initially and cleared this folder.

Phone\Android\data\com.android.providers.media\albumthumbs

But this seems to rebuild cache only for the stock media player.

Where does MMA pick up the artwork from? Can you explain MM's workflow?

1) I upload album "ABC" to MMW with Artwork "X" and sync it to my mobile device via MMA - everything is good.
2) I change the artwork for all the files in Album "ABC" to "Y" - MMA detects the change and syncs the files over but still holds the old artwork.
3) I manually delete the artwork via the edit option in MMA hoping that a resync will bring the new artwork - Now it permanently has the blank artwork image unless I delete and resync the files.

I even disabled "sync all artwork to file folders" and "Copy artwork to file tags" options in the device profile and did a complete resync (deleted and synced the library in MMA from scratch).

Am I doing something wrong?
johntr

Post by johntr »

Finally solved the problem.

I was deleting the wrong cache files in Android.

Deleting the cache files in both the android data folder as well as the UPnP caches did the trick.

If anyone else has the same problem, follow the steps below.

1) Delete everything from this folder.

SD Card/Android/data/com.ventismedia.android.mediamonkey/files/artwork

2) Clear UPnP image cache in the temp folder or check Tools->Options->General

%Temp%\MM_UPNP_Images

3) Selected all your files (or just the ones being shared/synced), add a single dot in the comments (any minor change, this can be removed later) and sync from your mobile device. This will effectively rebuild the cache on both ends.

Cheers
amarimla@yahoo.com

Post by amarimla@yahoo.com »

is their a way of manually adding the artwork in your android phone?

Post by Guest »

Hi guys!!! so ive been looking everywhere but i cant find an answer to this... i recently have been updating my music collection, i already had it on my phone, but when i update the artwork on the MMA on windows, i delete the old artwork and put a new one, but when i sync it copies the new art, but doesnt delete the old one from the song file... so if i want to have it the same way that on my computer, i have to delete the songs and copy them again... which is a hassle... is there any way to make sure that when i sync to my device, the artwork also syncs as the file is? instead of only copying the new image but keeping the old one too??? thank you so much for the help in adnvance!!
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
It is by design, we decided that it would be much more hustle to sync 20k of tracks to device due the updated Artwork than simply update MMA with new artwork?

Imagine Gigabytes of resync, instead of few hundred MB.
Best regards,
Peke
BohemianStar

Post by BohemianStar »

I WANT A WAY TO MANUALLY ADD ALBUM ART... LIKE WITH A BUTTON. ALSO "REMEMBER POSITON" IN ALBUM VIEW. OTHERS DO THIS. -_- ... the caps were on purpose. Missing simple functionality is irritating when you bother to pay for something..... other than that niggle. Good job.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
You can already add album art in track properties and then tap on image to add album art.
Best regards,
Peke
TheOrchidPrince

Post by TheOrchidPrince »

Hi there Peke,

You've stated here that you can add album art by tapping on the image. I'm not able to do this on my MMA version, i can only hold on the album art which prompts me to delete the image.

Is there an option i'm missing to allow this, or has the functionality changed?

I'm running version 1.3.4.0854. I've also paid for the full upgrade.

Many thanks!
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
you should firstly apply for MMA beta test as there are improvements in the art handling, including option I am referring to.

You can do that by going to ... -> About MediaMonkey -> Become Beta tester and then restart the phone and update thru Play store.
Best regards,
Peke
TheOrchidPrince

Post by TheOrchidPrince »

Hi,

Thank you for your quick reply and help.

I followed your instructions exactly and managed to update to the beta test version (reading as 1.3.5.0863 on info menu), however, i'm still unable to change album artwork, tapping on the artwork in the information screen still produces no popup and i can only hold to delete. I have tried removing the beta version, reinstalling the public version and then reinstalling the beta. Also tried restarting the phone a few times but nothing

Functionality still hasn't changed from the public release, not sure why this might be.

Thank you for your continued help
orama

Post by orama »

Me too.. I would love to replace the art when I choose to. For example I have a spoken word album from a language learning CD which I've burned. It never finds the correct art. I have the exact art downloaded to my phone but can't see any way to require the album to use this file for it's art. The only option is 'delete album art'. Nothing to allow me to select the art I would like.