Stay awake when using MMA and charging

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

nonob

Stay awake when using MMA and charging

Post by nonob »

Hi,

Is there an option to force the screen to stay awake when using MMA and charging ? I'm thinking about use in car where it is useful to always see my now playing track.

To be perfect, a dimmer could be great.

I didn't found this option in MMA but maybe you know another way ?

Thanks
Website "Le Geek du Cerisier" : MediaMonkey
MMW on desktop PC: Windows 10, MB MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK (MS-7C91) (AM4), CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics 3.90 GHz, RAM DDR4 16 GB, SSD M.2 SK-Hynix SSS0L24765 512 GB (C:), 3,5" Seagate ST1000DM003-1CH162 1 To (D:)
MMA on 4 Android devices - MMW5 gold in test... - MMW4 gold used for years (with extensions: AdvancedReport, Album Art Tagger, CustomFieldsTagger, Custom Report, Discogs Tagger, French translation, GenreFinder, Last.fm Scrobbler, Lyricator, MM codec pack Trial, MusicBrainz Tagger, MusicIPTagger, RegExpFind and Replace, Tagging inconsistencies)
nonob

Re: Stay awake when using MMA and charging

Post by nonob »

Hi,

I found a solution using android third party app "Stay Alive" https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... live&hl=fr

With this app i can choose to force the screen to stay awake, with or without dimmer, only when selected apps are running : exactly what i needed :)

But i think to another feature i have with another device (Sansa clip+ with rockbox firmware) : the screen stay off but goes on some seconds before the end of a song and while some seconds of the beginning of the next.

Could it be added to MMA ?

Thanks
MMW on desktop PC: Windows 10, MB MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK (MS-7C91) (AM4), CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics 3.90 GHz, RAM DDR4 16 GB, SSD M.2 SK-Hynix SSS0L24765 512 GB (C:), 3,5" Seagate ST1000DM003-1CH162 1 To (D:)
MMA on 4 Android devices - MMW5 gold in test... - MMW4 gold used for years (with extensions: AdvancedReport, Album Art Tagger, CustomFieldsTagger, Custom Report, Discogs Tagger, French translation, GenreFinder, Last.fm Scrobbler, Lyricator, MM codec pack Trial, MusicBrainz Tagger, MusicIPTagger, RegExpFind and Replace, Tagging inconsistencies)
rusty

Post by rusty »

My first inclination is that it doesn't make sense to include this within an app since this type of functionality as more associated with a 'profile': i.e.
- When the device is in mode x (plugged in), keep the screen on (regardless of what app is running)
- When the device is in mode x (plugged in and connected to bluetooth/car), keep the screen on (regardless of what app is running)

Profiles functionality is included natively in various Android versions (Cyanogenmod/Lineage OS/Oxygen, Moto G/X version of Android); Screen on functionality is available in most versions of Android via Developer Options; and various third-party apps (Tasker, Automate, etc.) allow you to set up such profiles; and if you need this for Driving, the functionality is included within Android Auto.

I suppose that it could be added individually to applications, and I'm open to being convinced, but at first glance it doesn't seem to be a feature that belongs within individual applications (unless they're specific to a particular profile/mode of operation).

Thoughts?

-Rusty
nonob

Post by nonob »

Hi,

Sorry for my late reply.

I understand and i agree with the fact that the stay awake behavior is more a general behavior that a app specific one, and "Stay alive" app do exactly what i need and it has an "per app mode".
But i think to another feature i have with another device (Sansa clip+ with rockbox firmware) : the screen stay off but goes on some seconds before the end of a song and while some seconds of the beginning of the next

This feature is more specific to audio playing app, maybe i didn't explained well. This is the link to the online manual :
https://download.rockbox.org/daily/manu ... -1400008.4

and the specific setting :

Caption Backlight.
This option turns on the backlight a number of seconds before the start of a new track, and keeps it on for the same number of seconds after the beginning so that the display can be read to see song information. The amount of time is determined by the value of the backlight timeout setting, but is no less than 5 seconds.

What do you think about this specific feature, could it be added to MMA ?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
regarding https://www.rockbox.org/ they are not Android devices for Android it is more system wide and for Services apps.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
nonob

Post by nonob »

Hi,

Yes Rockbox is for dedicated audio players, but i'm talking about a specific feature :

Caption Backlight.
This option turns on the backlight a number of seconds before the start of a new track, and keeps it on for the same number of seconds after the beginning so that the display can be read to see song information. The amount of time is determined by the value of the backlight timeout setting, but is no less than 5 seconds.

Could it be added to MMA ?

Thanks
rusty

Post by rusty »

Not sure if this would be a good idea as it would prevent the device from getting locked when music is playing.

-Rusty