SSD T1 Drive Continually Duplicated in Portable Device Sync

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Asect

SSD T1 Drive Continually Duplicated in Portable Device Sync

Post by Asect »

Hello,

Using a Sony SSD T1 Drive synced by MediaMonkey in the Ford Sync System. All is good with the exception of one continually annoying detail. The SSD T1 Drive continually gets "duplicated" when attempting to add new files. The SSD T1 is "named" Music SSD on the drive and Windows 10 recognizes the drive as Music SSD upon connection. However, MediaMonkey will continually rename the drive Music SSD (1) when attempting to sync the device. This results in the need to re-enter all options every time new files are added to MediaMonkey. And no need to even explain what it is like to have 135GB of music re-scanned because MediaMonkey no longer recognizes the device and renames it to Music SSD (1). The drive has been deleted from MediaMonkey options and added back. Nothing works. MediaMonkey simply will not recognize the Music SSD drive once synced. Once MediaMonkey is closed and reopened, all is lost and the drive will be duplicated in the options. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Lowlander

Re: SSD T1 Drive Continually Duplicated in Portable Device S

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MediaMonkey are you using?
Asect

Post by Asect »

Sorry I did not place that in original post....4.1.15.1830 with a Gold License.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Capture this in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=12&t=69
Asect

Post by Asect »

This is still continuing to happen. And the help on this website is HORRIFIC!!!!!!

Basically as a Gold Member with a lifetime license, I find this ludicrous. Here is the problem:

I have a Samsung T1 named Music SSD. When I connect to MediaMonkey, it is duplicated as Music SSD (1). When it duplicates, it does not maintain the settings and file locations and basically has to be totally re-setup. This drive only goes from the car to MediaMonkey. Nothing else! MediaMonkey cannot distinguish it once it is removed and placed in any other USB connection (such as the vehicle or when tested on the computer). As soon as you pull it out of MediaMonkey and connect to another USB, MediaMonkey renames it Music SSD (1) and destroys all the settings. And, you want me to do a debug and send in all kinds of files? What did I pay for? To be your Beta Testers? I'm going to begin to inform everyone I know that this isn't a good program, and it isn't even close in usability to iTunes. Hopefully as you continue to develop, perhaps the program will get to the point of some type of usability for the layman. For now, you have way to many "engineer" mindsets, and the program is unusable. Really sorry I purchased.
Asect

Post by Asect »

Thanks to Peke for helping me out with this issue! Took the time to provide some really good customer service, and I appreciate it. So, in turn I have to set the record straight and say that with the support, I have a really good feeling about this program. The SSD T1 Sync problem is corrected, and after a sneak peek at MediaMonkey 5 offered by Peke, I cannot wait to see the final result! Thanks again!!!
Pretzel lover

Post by Pretzel lover »

Asect wrote:The SSD T1 Sync problem is corrected
That's good news! What was the solution?

Thanks.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Solution was to remove all iterations of Drive in portable devices and recreate settings on first one detected.

There was an old bug in MMW that was fixed but as a consequence you need to re create device profile :(
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Asect

Post by Asect »

Well...unbelievably...here we go again. Same problem as mentioned in the first post in this thread. MediaMonkey has again determined that my Music SSD Drive needs to be renamed to Music SSD (1) and wants me to reset all settings! I have continued to putz with this thing over and over, but have found it is just easier to copy the files and playlists to this device manually. It works every time that way and I don't have to continually wonder what may be taking place that MediaMonkey simply cannot recognize this device every few months. It is incredible how difficult it is to sync with this program. And how MediaMonkey cannot get sync right no matter what. A new fix and things are right for a couple of months, and then this again. I'm using MediaMonkey 4.1.20.1864.