Album Art Isn't Visible On Lock Screen & Now Playing

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Guest001

Album Art Isn't Visible On Lock Screen & Now Playing

Post by Guest001 »

All the album art icons are visible on the track list, but they're the default grey monkey image on the lock screen and on the bottom "Now Playing" bar of the app (and the Now Playing list too). If I tap on a specific song, a large default image is displayed instead of the album art. It doesn't really affect use too much, but I use the album art to identify what songs are coming up next and now have to read the titles.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy s5 Sport.
Lowlander

Re: Album Art Isn't Visible On Lock Screen & Now Playing

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MMA and Android?
Guest001

Post by Guest001 »

The app says Version 1.3.0.0692. My phone says "Android version 6.0.1" and the windows program is 4.1.5.1719

I feel that I should clarify that all the songs were synced over from my windows copy of MediaMonkey. None of the tracks originally had album art, but I embedded them into the file using MediaMonkey (and the file icons now display the album art even outside of MediaMonkey.)
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I suggest updating MMW and resyncing. I see Artwork as expected on the S5.
carllilley

Post by carllilley »

I would like to support this issue, as i am experiencing the same.
I have art work clearly set up on the PC program and set as Cover (front), and on the android app. I can see the art work if I browse the albums, however when viewing now playing sometimes, not always the artwork does not appear.
I am using only wifi sync and have tried clearing all files from the SD card and re-sync'ing but to no avail.
The PC app. is 4.1.16.18.36 and the android app. is 1.3.0.0694.
My log code is F8MGCB14SN
The mobile is a Huawai P9

Sorry if I am hijacking.....

Carl.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi Carl,

I'm unable to replicate, but would love to get to the bottom of this. Re. the debug log that you provided: can you tell me what specific file didn't display the album art (if you don't remember, can you regenerate and indicate which file is missing AA in NP even though it displays it in other views)?

Thanks.

-Rusty

Post by Guest »

I also can't see the album art at all. It used to be OK but when I added some new music (from a PC via USB cable) everything got screwed up. I have over 12000 pieces of music on an external 128 Gb SD card. Is it too much for MMA? I have other major problems with MMA, but this will be enough for now. Do I need a powerful phone to work with so many songs?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Unfortunately that is sometimes downside of Android Deciding to use MTP transfer over usb that in Windows is never finished correctly. Just in past year we have located number of bugs in MS code and reported and none were fixed or considered important.

The best practice is to Start WiFi sync to create clean profile (can be done with existing) and then use USB to Fill the SDCard (speed reasons only) and after USB sync is finished run WiFi Sync again and use WiFi only for updates.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
timepiece

Post by timepiece »

I don't know if it's the same problem, but sometimes my art won't display, either. And interestingly, there are several variations:

1) album art displays in Now Playing screen, then disappears after a few seconds
2) album art is not displayed, but changing orientation of phone will make it return (or go to phone home screen, return to MMA)
3) album art not displayed at first, but returns on its own after a while

So, the album art is there, just not displaying for some reason. Very annoying.

And I'm on the current version of both MMW and MMA. But not beta. Oh, and my music is all stored on my SD card (Moto G 3).
Peke

Post by Peke »

MMA 1.3.1 beta fixes many Album art issues.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts