[SOLVED] MMA DB suddenly got damaged

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

drunknmonkey

[SOLVED] MMA DB suddenly got damaged

Post by drunknmonkey »

Samsung Galaxy S7 (SM-G930F Android 7.0)
MMA build version before 1.3.1.0720

On Saturday I was listening to Music via MMA for ~8 hours. I added songs to now playing again and again and swapped songs in the now playing list.
Suddenly all playlists were no longer present in playlists view. The mp3s were still there and could be played.

The next day the playlists were present again and I tried to sync MMA with MMW. But each time MMA just tries to match all the songs on the android phone.
and playlists are away again.
Then I updated to 1.3.1.0720 and MMA just dies when I try to sync.
(Playlists stay persistent now)

I'm going to send some debug logs with reference to this post.
Is there a way to get back in sync without transferring all music again to the phone?
Last edited by drunknmonkey on Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
bhiefer

Re: MMA DB suddenly got damaged

Post by bhiefer »

Ok please send some logs right after you try to sync. You can even cancel it when the download starts and then send immediately the log please.
drunknmonkey

Post by drunknmonkey »

Log ID: 8EG7YNE8YY

There must be many more debug logs from my phone where I could not grab the log ID... Maybe you can find them by the data provided in this specific log.

MMA crahses while syncing when the dialog "preparing confirmation dialog" appears.
bhiefer

Post by bhiefer »

This is a known issue that will be fixed completely in next version of MMA - 2.0. It is caused by large amount of tracks that are only on MMA side and may be confirmed for deletion during sync - it causes crash. Unfortunately there is no way to fix it immeditely in current MMA version but you have two ways to workaround it:

1. If you want to leave these files on your Android device - Uncheck "Delete unselected content copies" and "Delete all unselected content" in Sync profile
2. If you want to delete them from Android device - Uncheck "Confirm deletion" - this option is available in MMW only in Profile settings ->Auto sync (-->Device) tab
drunknmonkey

Post by drunknmonkey »

Thanks for your advices. I tried the first way and it succeeded. MMA had to download about 1/3 of the mp3s in the library again, but now MMA and MMW are in sync again.