Track Auto Sync New User

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

garethlello1979

Track Auto Sync New User

Post by garethlello1979 »

Hi there,

I have a new laptop and trying to get away from itunes as i have it. However i can sync playlists etc and it makes it easier linking with my car.

Normally i connect to my car via a USB stick but the issue is that it plays the tracks in track name order. I have collections that are in order of album so this causes the tracks to play in the wrong order.

Looking at a couple of posts and there seems to be a way of adding tracks to a USB via mediamonkey and keeping the original order of the tracks in the playlist. What i would like to know in a kind of idiots guide if this is possible how you do it as i could sell my ipod and get rid of itunes once and for all.
Lowlander

Re: Track Auto Sync New User

Post by Lowlander »

You can use <Auto Number> which creates a number based on position on Playlist. So <Playlist>\<Auto Number>. <Artist> - <Title> may do the trick for you.
garethlello1979

Ok how do i do this in media monkey??
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You change the Destination Mask in the Device Profile (Tools > Options > Portable Device Sync).
garethlello1979

Ok brilliant thanks do i have to do this everytime i add playlists to a usb stick or memory card or do i just do it once and it remembers going forward?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Paths changed in the Device Profile will be remembered and applied on all subsequent syncs.

Post by Guest »

I presume i can drag and drop from media monkey to a usb or micro sd card?

Will i have to drag them a playlist at a time or can i do them all at once without messing up the order if i follow you're method?
garethlello1979

Am i correct to presume if i use a sony mp3 player with a micro sd card in it when i sync it with media monkey as long as those rules are applied the playlists will sync correctly in the right order.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I'm not sure that D&D does sync (I don't use that method) and thus applies the sync rules to the file copy.

If Playlists are synced they'll be synced as ordered in MediaMonkey when using the Playlist on the device.
garethlello1979

If i change the title in media monkey and want the file name to match can i do this in bulk?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »