Getting rid of the 1. 2. 3. on track Titles

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

VPSean

Getting rid of the 1. 2. 3. on track Titles

Post by VPSean »

A bunch of my track titles are listing the track numbers to -- Is there any way to get this off? In fact, I've had problems with this in the past with the title listing various things -- is there any way to tell it to get rid of certain things? Such as the artist name and artist album in the track title and leave JUST the track title?

Thanks,
--Sean
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

i think that the title number was just a script that was added to help you find the currently playing song in the large 200 plus song playlists.

there seems to be a script in the folder that says it is for that anyway?
8)

just remove the script and the numbers should go away?

but keep the script incase you change your mind.
or removing it mess'es something up.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
VPSean

Post by VPSean »

hmm....i'm slightly confused by what you mean.....

I do what there to be Track Numbers -- but not in the track title....Right now some of my titles are "01. afljsljf --" "02. fsflja" -- I can easily sort through those by the "track column" -- but as for "title", I'd like to sort through those alphabetical order, but can't with those track numbers there...

--Sean
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

The "title" field includes numbers but are not part of the tag, they are simply there for visual identification in the view.

Currently its not possible to disable this 'feature', however I beleve the devs are aware of it and will add option for it in the future.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

the titles of this type?

1. aint nothing wrong with the radio.
2. big bad john
3. good hearted woman
4. hound dog
5. jailhouse rock
6. raised on rock.

that number in the title is just to keep track when you have 300 titles in the playlist. the media monkey player will say in the title scroll it is playling song 4. hound dog then you can scroll to it if you found it needs a tag updated.

if the titles are showing up as.

1. 7-aint nothing wrong with the radio.
2. 14-big bad john
3. 21-good hearted woman
4. 5-hound dog
5. 10-jailhouse rock
6. 2-raised on rock.

then you have the track number listed in the file name.
you can use the auto organizer to move all your songs to
a new directory and change the way it is saved with it.

you will have to remove all the track numbers from the title
by hand so to speak, then just move them all by the
auto organizer with the masks set to have the

artist\album\title

you can set them up any way you want but the title last will make all the file names the same as the title.

the slash inducates a new folder.

is that what you are having trouble with?
:-?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
VPSean

Post by VPSean »

OH DEAR GOD that would take me forever to manually remove all those numbers....

Yea that's what I'm talking about...The play list is fine with how it numbers the different songs...that's fine....I am talking about the actual tag of the title which lists it as "1. Here We Go" - as opposed to "Here We Go" -- Isn't there some way to say get rid of all "1." in the "title" -- Or get rid of all "Metallica" -- if for instance the songs were:

"1. Metallica -- Title1"
"2. Metallica -- Title2"

and just want
"Title 1"
"Title 2"

Argh...So what I"m understanding from you is that I'd after retag each one individually to get rid of that dumb number?

--Sean
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

If your filenames are in a relatively consistent format, you can use the "Tag From Filename" feature, right click or ctrl-T.

Then adjust the filemasks to get your tags lined up right.
ResumeMan

Post by ResumeMan »

rovingcowboy wrote: you will have to remove all the track numbers from the title
by hand so to speak, then just move them all by the
auto organizer with the masks set to have the

artist\album\title

you can set them up any way you want but the title last will make all the file names the same as the title.
Actually...you may not need to do that by hand.

Check out this script:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5439

The "kill leading numbers" part removes numbers and spaces and periods at the front of the tracks you selected. I use this all the time and it works great.

Post by Guest »

Oh man! I had the same problem with superfluous numbers in my songtitles and it was...*is*...so aggravating.

I came across the "kill leading numbers" script a couple of days ago, copied it to a text file, renamed it as killleadingnumbers.vbs and saved it in the "scripts" folder in "mediamonkey", but when I open MM and check under tools/scripts, it doesn't appear.

Anyone have an idea what I've done wrong? ;^D
Bex

Post by Bex »

You also need to add an entry in the scripts.ini file, as stated in the script.

Here's the entry:

Code: Select all

[KillLeadingNumbers]
FileName=EnumerateTracks.vbs
ProcName=KillLeadingNumbers
Order=4
DisplayName=Kill leading Numbers
Description=Kills all leading numbers in selected tracks´ titles
Language=VBScript
ScriptType=0 
/Bex
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
tinana

Post by tinana »

Psshhh!!!

Thanks, Bex...I'm new when it comes to working with scripts and had only seen references to the scripts.ini file without understanding what its function was or where it was located.

I just found the help file where this is discussed...thank-you, and sorry for the stupid question.
Bex

Post by Bex »

No problems, glad to help. We have all been new to how it works. :wink:

/Bex
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts