Let me be blunt

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Red Maw

Re: Let me be blunt

Post by Red Maw »

I agree with that concept. All I and anyone else really cares about is that there we have a field to the put data we want to into. I will have to look into the CustomX stuff - if it can be renamed so to reflect the contents then that is a perfect solution. While "find Custom1=x" works, "find Artist=x" is much better.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

TIV73 wrote:The CustomX tags are an ideal solution for this issue. They allow a user to save exactly what data he wants, and I believe I somewhere saw an option to change the label of the fields.
I haven't tried it myself, but it is at Tools|Options|Library|Appearance
TIV73 wrote:Everything is great, until somebody needs more than 5 custom tags.
Or somebody wants a numeric field; ie one which doesn't sort like

etc

Some custom date fields would be great also.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
jiri

Post by jiri »

Request of more and better Custom fields added as http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=14365.

Thanks,
Jiri
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

5 more would be great as long as they are coded to write to the tag like the original 5 (no 'MM only' stuff). :)
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
zee566

Big Libraries

Post by zee566 »

My mp3 library is nearly 300,000 cuts. Can 5 handle it?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It should *, it's designed to be faster than MM4.

* Hardware does matter with larger Libraries. Especially hard drive speed of the database can impact how fast MediaMonkey reacts.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

MMFrLife wrote:5 more would be great as long as they are coded to write to the tag like the original 5 (no 'MM only' stuff). :)
Also, if you could make them 'multi-item' capable. Is that even possible with the Custom Fields?

10 overall!
(5 plain, 5 multi-item)

equals --> custom fields issue put to rest :wink:
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜