OnePlus3 stuck at "Initializating"

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Morgenstern72

OnePlus3 stuck at "Initializating"

Post by Morgenstern72 »

So my new OnePlus3 is stuck at "Initializating" (yes, this weird word is actually shown in MM),
I can copy files from my PC to the phone over USB3 and USB2 without a problem.

While the phone has WiFi turned on, my PC does not have WiFi, so there is no connection.

I have no problem syncing my Lenovo tablet.

Windows 10 1703 Pro
Media Monkey Gold 4.1.7.1840
Morgenstern72

Re: OnePlus3 stuck at "Initializating"

Post by Morgenstern72 »

It started now after about 3 minutes of waiting....what is going on here?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Likely MTP drivers, but if it is working...

See: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... tion-fails
Morgenstern72

Post by Morgenstern72 »

Worked once..now i get the messagem the connection is "frozen".
Tried the link: rebooted, unlocked, changed from charge to mtp to charge to mtp...stuck at initializing

No, the WIFi option is not ok for me, since its not free,

I also can sync photos, videos and comics fine to this device, so its likely not the mtp drivers.
Morgenstern72

Post by Morgenstern72 »

Now the sync started again after restarting MM(!!), but got stuck on the first file and then I got the message that i can't access some album art folder on my temp drive (which is located on a RAM drive),

Seems to be its MM is in deep problems here....why does it even need a temp folder for a simple 1:1 copy to a phone?
Last edited by Morgenstern72 on Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Morgenstern72

Post by Morgenstern72 »

Well, it gets even more strange: i wanted now to simple copy some music to my phone and I discover 1GB of synced music there!
The folder was emtpy before these last tries.

So MM DOES sync, but gets stuck on something else, that has obviously nothing to do with my phone or MTP drivers...it just does not show you what it is doing and the gui gets stuck for some reason,
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

That's generally the MTP drivers. You can get it to freeze with Explorer too.
Morgenstern72

Post by Morgenstern72 »

Lowlander wrote:That's generally the MTP drivers. You can get it to freeze with Explorer too.
Never happened. I can copy always the music files per hand without any problem. The only application having problems is MM and I really don't like the "solution" to be pushed to buy WiFi sync.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

One of the solutions offered is updating MTP drivers. I can get anything to crash the transfer between PC and device (if the set of files is large enough), so wifi sync has been my savior. I use it for all other types of file transfer too.

You're always welcome to capture the sync failures in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket and the developers will analyze: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=12&t=69

The next updates of MMA and MMW should also improve sync some more.
Morgenstern72

Post by Morgenstern72 »

Lowlander wrote:One of the solutions offered is updating MTP drivers. I can get anything to crash the transfer between PC and device (if the set of files is large enough), so wifi sync has been my savior. I use it for all other types of file transfer too.
There are no new MTP drivers.
I know, you try only to help. But please note:
) I can copy the same files, regardless, of how many I select, with Windows Explorer to the music folder on my Android phone. It NEVER fails.
) I can use other software to sync files to my phone over USB with no problem
) One of the errors is, that MM does copy some files, but does not update the UI and still shows "Initializing". This has nothing to do with MTP.
) One error is, that it has problem with my temp folder (see above). The only other software that has problems is Google drive, but it can be solved with a simple batch file. This has nothing to do with MTP.
Lowlander wrote: You're always welcome to capture the sync failures in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket and the developers will analyze: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=12&t=69
The next updates of MMA and MMW should also improve sync some more.
Thank you for pointing it out, I was not aware pf this option :)
bdplaid@gmail.com

Post by bdplaid@gmail.com »

I have an LG V20 with the same problem. And I have wifi sync, but prefer USB for the speed.
MM is really a mess.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

bdplaid

Post by bdplaid »

It might be working now. For the umpteenth time I looked into the Portable sync profiles and found that the generic android profile was checked along with the V20 profile. Unchecking the generic might have been the ticket. It's syncing and behaving now, I hope it sticks.

Thanks so far for the help.
bdplaid

Post by bdplaid »

Well that didn't last long. It started working, then after I quit MM and restarted it, nada. In between I changed nothing, didn't even disconnect the phone. I redid everything I had done before which i thought got it working, and now nothing, stuck on initializating.
bdplaid

Post by bdplaid »

It seems to be getting stuck trying to do something with album art. It gives an error message about jpg files between a temp folder and the phone folder. I tried every setting I could find trying to turn it off, but the same thing happens. any suggestions?

thanks,