Auto-Tag window freezes [#14405]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

TIV73

Auto-Tag window freezes [#14405]

Post by TIV73 »

Hi everybody,
I'm not sure if it's an actual bug or a feature still under development thing, but I just installed the latest revision, added a couple of tracks to the library and tried to autotag one of the files. The Autotag window opens and is populated with the current information of the selected track(s) and then freezes. Even the busy indicator at the bottom of the dialog stops rotating. After that, the only option is to close the application via taskmanager because there is no possibility to continue or cancel the operation.

I tried this with both default settings and settings copied from the previous revision and around a dozen of different tracks, so the number of selected tracks and the tracks themselves also don't seem to make a difference.
PetrCBR

Re: 2078: Auto-Tag window freezes

Post by PetrCBR »

Hi. Did any error dialog appear ?
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
TIV73

Post by TIV73 »

Nothing at all, the dialog just stops responding.
If it's any help, I figured out that the init function in dlgAutotag.js completes fine, and the freeze happens somewhere afterwards. I'm not exactly sure how the init function is called, so I wasn't able to trace it further. Also, I set breakpoints at the start of every function in the helpers/searchXX.js files, none of which are triggered before the dialog freezes.
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

Try to leave it frozen for a few minutes if any error dialog pops up.
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

I've reproduced! Added to mantis as 14405.
TIV73

Post by TIV73 »

Glad to hear it!
I created a few logs, submitted them via the auto-send function and, just to make sure, uploaded them here. Let me know if you need any other information.