No playback. "skipping inaccessible tracks"

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

ElectricEric

No playback. "skipping inaccessible tracks"

Post by ElectricEric »

I installed MMA last night & immediately upgraded to pro version. When I try to play m4a files on the SD card I get no playback and a message stating "skipping inaccessible tracks". These same tracks will playback using the Poweramp app. MMA Verizon 1.3.1.0732. Phone is an LG G4 running Android 6.0. I will send a debug log shortly.
Thanks for the help.
Eric
ElectricEric

Re: No playback. "skipping inaccessible tracks"

Post by ElectricEric »

Log sent. Log ID: 4AADTNKFJZ.
Eric
Peke

Post by Peke »

How do you access files on SD card? have you tried using Folders Icon or you are using Tracks icon?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
ElectricEric

Post by ElectricEric »

I have tried to access the tracks from the Albums icon, the Artists & Album Artists icon, and the Tracks icon. When I use the Tracks icon to get to the files, I do eventually get audio playback but not usually the track that I have selected. It skips the "inaccessible tracks" (lots of them), comes to a track that it can "access" & starts playing the track with some cutting out as it starts. When the track ends, rather than playing the next track it, skips many more before finding another accessible track, showing album art and titles along the way. It seems that about 5% or less of the music I have on the phone is "accessible" to Media Monkey. When I use a different music player app (Poweramp) I have no trouble with playing the files.

Eric
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
That is why Folders icon works as regular File explorer and you should get list of all storage options both in library and on device directly. Do you have any grayed storage there?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
rusty

Post by rusty »

To elaborate:

There could be a couple of problems:
1) a storage location is inaccessible (as explained by Peke). Check the Folders node to see if a particular location is greyed out. Is that the case?
2) the music could be in a format that isn't supported by your Android device. You can test this out by trying to play it in Google Music. btw, can you tell me what format the non-playing files are in?

-Rusty
bujinkantd

Post by bujinkantd »

any progress on this? i have the same issue. samsung galaxy s9, android 8.0.0, MM 1.3.1.0751. for some reason media monkey says "SKIPPING INACCESSIBLE TRACKS" every time it tries to play an m4a file off my sd card. doesn't matter if i try to play it via playlist, artists, or folders.

no folder locations are greyed out, confirmed files are on device thru windows explorer, files play fine in poweramp on device.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Does the native player support it? MMA (for now) only supports playback of files natively supported by the device.
bujinkantd

Post by bujinkantd »

i'm not sure what the native player is, sorry. i am an ex-ios guy. google music appears to only play cloud stuff. samsung player can't play it, so i'll assume what you have noted is the issue.

with MMW gold i removed m4a as a device compatible format. all of my m4as are converted to 320 kbps mp3 during sync now. woulda been nice if m4as of this type were supported but this'll work.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, that likely indicates that the device itself lacks support for that specific file format.

MMA 2 should have its own codecs (not sure which formats though) so it would be less dependent on the device capabilities.
iampariah

Post by iampariah »

I have the same problem despite trying what was mentioned in this thread. Ticket submitted.

My music library, synced from Windows MM, suddenly shows half the library as grey. Trying to play, MMA says "skipping inaccessible tracks". I also get syncing errors.

This has been the case ever since I got a new phone. Before that, MMA synced just fine.

The music IS there in Folders view (e.g. folders are not greyed out) and MOST of the music WILL play in other music apps if I play the MP3s directly.

----------------------------------------
Specs
MMA v 1.3.2.0824

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9+, Android 8.0.0, syncing MMA to Samsung 256GB EVO Plus Class 10 UHS-I microSDXC U3

MMW 4.1.21.1875 Gold on Win7 as sync source

Screenshots:
MMA greyed out: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cu4lqt97mnvxh ... D.jpg?dl=0
MMA sync errors: https://www.dropbox.com/s/j2y8upi7sdl7r ... D.jpg?dl=0
MMW Auto Conversion settings for device: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x2jovf1k7dycj ... D.png?dl=0