MMA on Car Stereo doesn't recognize album art

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

spaztic

MMA on Car Stereo doesn't recognize album art

Post by spaztic »

I have a Seicane Car Stereo with the Android version 6.0.1 and MediaMonkey version 1.3.1.0732 Pro version. I am using a USB stick. All of the music on the USB stick has album art in the tags. I guess I always thought that MediaMonkey on windows could read the tags, but my windows pc is always online, so it may be getting album art online. My stereo is not always online. I need to set my phone to tether wifi to the stereo, so it is not always on. When the stereo is online, it will show album art that I am playing, but it will not pull in all album art. When showing my list of Artists, it shows a screen full of monkeys. I have tried the options: check for new media, and, update media data, in the past it has worked, I had all album art at one time. After adding some albums to my USB stick, then telling MediaMonkey to check for changes, all album art was lost. As I play a song, and wifi is connected, it will update that album only (showing the downloading circle, until the album art shows). Since I have a huge music collection, getting all album art could take a long time since each song/album will need to be listened to. Why does MediaMonkey not recognize the album art in the tags?? And why when I have wifi to the stereo, does it not download all album art? And why when I tell it to check for new media, or to update media data, does it remove all previous album art, or not do anything? And why when I tell it to update media data (and have wifi connected), does it seem to do nothing? Also, If the tag of every one of my songs has album art, why does MediaMonkey appear to be getting the album art online?
Last edited by spaztic on Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
spaztic

Re: Some art is not showing in Album Artist or Artist tab

Post by spaztic »

Also, have noticed some ghosting of duplicate songs/tracks within albums that cannot be played. When clicked MediaMonkey states cannot be found. Is there anyway to clear these?
rusty

Re: MMA on Car Stereo doesn't recognize album art

Post by rusty »

[Topic was split from https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 26&t=88441 as it's a different issue]

Hi,
I think the issues you're experiencing stem from confusion about how MMW/MMA share information:
- MMA 1.3.1 does not read album art tags (this is being added to MMA 2.0). The way this is supposed to work is to do a Wi-Fi sync operation between MMA/MMW to sync all metadata/tracks between the two. More on this at: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/ind ... e/View/158
- If, for some reason, you're missing AA in MMW (and it's therefore missing when synced with MMA), MMA will only look up artwork automatically if that option is enabled (Options > Lookup information)

Summary: I'd recommend deleting the content from the USB key, and then performing a Wi-Fi sync between MMA/MMW

Thanks.

-Rusty
spaztic

Post by spaztic »

What is MMA and MMW?
MaCs

Post by MaCs »

MediaMonkey for Android and MediaMonkey for Windows.
spaztic

Post by spaztic »

What would be the procedure for doing a Wi-Fi sync operation between MMA/MMW to sync all metadata/tracks between the two?
rusty

Post by rusty »

Try the wi-fi instructions at http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... oid_device

-Rusty