Burning Audio CD cutting off end of track

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

shango3535

Burning Audio CD cutting off end of track

Post by shango3535 »

When I burn an album in MP3 format to an audio CD I've noticed a problem. The first song has no gap at all between track 1 and track 2. They basically make a seamless transition. When I play the audio CD, a tiny part of the end of track 1 is cut off before going to track 2. There is no gap and it is still seamless, but with a missing piece of track 1 at the end. I've confirmed that it isn't the CD player because it does the same thing when I play the CD on my computer also.

EDIT: using MMW version 4.1.19.1859 on Windows 10 PC.
Peke

Re: Burning Audio CD cutting off end of track

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Change burning type Track At once, looks like 2 second pregap is skipped/not played I've seen burners that do not write pregap correctly.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
shango3535

Post by shango3535 »

Peke wrote:Hi,
Change burning type Track At once, looks like 2 second pregap is skipped/not played I've seen burners that do not write pregap correctly.
Track at Once doesn't work because it forces a gap between the tracks. I want the album to play as it is intended to with no gap between track 1 and 2.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I still can't replicate burned 10 Audio CDs with various setting and in all cases tracks were complete.
I noticed one thing that when I play it in Car Stereo there is a slight gap when changing track, but that is device issue due the fact it re position laser to start of track instead of just reading next track data.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
shango3535

Post by shango3535 »

I was able to burn a better copy of the album with Windows Media Player. It still leaves a gap but the gap is small enough to not be so much of a problem. And there's no missing pieces of the music. In case you want to do some testing with my specific issue, the album I'm trying to burn is located at https://megadrive.bandcamp.com/album/198xad. You can play the first two tracks and see how track 1 seamlessly transitions to track 2 with no gap. When this album is played from the MP3s with MediaMonkey it plays correctly with no gap and no missing pieces of the music. But when I burn it to CD with MediaMonkey, a tiny piece of track 1 gets cut from the tail end of it.
shango3535

Post by shango3535 »

There's a very simple experiment that you can try. Download track 1 from the link I posted above. (You may have to purchase it to do that.) Burn that single track to a CD with MM. Then rip that CD back to MP3 with MM. Play the track with MM and you can see that the very end of it is cut off. You can load each MP3 into Audacity and compare the lengths. The original MP3 is 1m20.692s. The same track that MM burned to CD and then ripped back to MP3 is now 1m20.065s. That's a difference of 0.627 seconds missing from the end of that track.

You might be able to replicate this same process with any track, which I have not tried.