Floating Play / Now Playing widget or panel

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

chamuel

Floating Play / Now Playing widget or panel

Post by chamuel »

I would like to use a "floating" widget or panel (or whatever we should call it) with Media Monkey for Android (Samsung Note4)

It would ALWAYS be visible (i.e. "on top" of any other applications on the screen).

It would have buttons: play / pause / next / last, etc.

It would also show the "progress" of the currently playing track (important feature!) i.e. showing that 1 minute 30 seconds have played so far on this track, of a total 16 minute length.

I should also be able to DRAG-AND-DROP this "floating" widget thingie to wherever it is convenient.

Please!

Thanks

Jim in Toronto
rusty

Re: Floating Play / Now Playing widget or panel

Post by rusty »

MMA has a Widget that you can install to your menu, but it doesn't run on top of other running apps. I don't believe that such functionality is possible via standard APIs.

-Rusty
daryan

Re: Floating Play / Now Playing widget or panel

Post by daryan »

Hi Rusty,

I would like to +1 this request. Adding a floating control is possible: you will see it in apps such as Facebook Messenger or MS OneNote. The 'floating' control can be re-positioned anywhere on the screen and is always visible, unless you actively remove it. To give you some context, I do a lot of my music rating during my daily commute. I listen to the music and read a book on the Kindle app on the phone. Every 3 mins or so I have to switch between the Kindle and MMA apps, rate the track using the stars and then go back to the Kindle app. I could also rate it through the widget on the home screen but this is essentially the same process. If we had the floating control then I could rate the track during reading the book, which would be fair less disruptive. Does that makes sense?

Thanks,

Paul