Migrated Library is a Mess

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Deezerd

Migrated Library is a Mess

Post by Deezerd »

Hi All,

New here....

I'm in the process of reducing my C Drive to migrate to SSD... So i decided to move my cherished MM from C to E. I copied all the music folders, the used the MM function to find dead links, then locate moved / missing files. MM did its work and some time later i decided to test the success of the move :(

I have duplicate files, i play a song and its completely different to the song being displayed, i can't even right click to select properties to see where the file is located.... I'm truly gutted as i've been building this for a few years...

Please help me fix the mare i have created.

Thanks a million in advance.
D
Lowlander

Re: Migrated Library is a Mess

Post by Lowlander »

You got to verify the matches Locate Moved/Missing Files makes prior to accepting them. It may not always give the right match. When changing drives this is a better method: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... n+database

There is no undo, so your best option would be having a backup of the database. If you do, use it and the above Addon.
Deezerd

Post by Deezerd »

Hi Lowlander. Thanks for the speedy response, I wish I had found your proposal b4 I found the other.

Before I go messing up the recovery, restore to previous. Is there a preferred process for this that you are aware of ?

Thanks again
D
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

To restore on old database? Just Copy & Paste it into place of the current one: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... ey-library
Deezerd

Post by Deezerd »

Lowlander..... Your an absolute genius, thank you so so much for your help on this.. That script you pointed me to is amazing bit of coding. I can't believe it worked so easily. I have one final fix to make now. Monkey Roc 6 is displaying the wrong info for some of the files being played... I assume its looking at the messed up version i created.

I'm assuming uninstall and reinstall Monkey Roc will fix this.....

Anyway, once again a massive thanks for your help... Perfect support.
D :D
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Any tagging you did with the messed up Library would have saved all wrong tags to the files being edited in any form. As you now have the correct tags in the Library you can use the Music > Files to Edit > Unsynchronized Tags node in the Media Tree and select all listed files and use Tools > Advanced Tag Management > Synchronize Tags from the Main Menu. This will save Library values to the selected files (so make sure shown values are correct!).