Hotkeys

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

waltp

Hotkeys

Post by waltp »

It seems that only Global hotkeys work on my copy of MM. Local hotkeys seem to have stopped working since I upgraded to 4.1.16

Is there something I'm missing from the upgrade? And before the obvious is asked, yes, there are definitions assigned to local keys...

Thanks
waltp

Local Hotkeys

Post by waltp »

Global hotkeys work, but local hotkeys do not. how can I activate local hotkeys?
Ver 4.1.1.1836
Peke

Re: Hotkeys

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Can you please give us an example of key that do not work and a steps how you expect them to work.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
waltp

Post by waltp »

With the hotkey definition Playback: Skip 5 Seconds Forward set to right I expect that when I press the right arrow key while MMW is the active window that 5 seconds are skipped in the audio being played. Instead, the file list moves.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
If your view is focused on Track listing main left/right arrow function (browse thru tracklist) will override hotkey.
Try left click anywhere on MMW player that will make player focused not tracklist and then try to use left/right arrows.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
waltp

Post by waltp »

Well, how do I get the focus on the player? No matter where I click (above, below, or directly on the timeline bar) the arrow keys move the track listing, not the timeline. I am forced to use the global hotkeys which is very inconvenient.
bdplaid

Post by bdplaid »

I want to revive this dead thread. Mine is and has been doing the same thing forever. How can I FINALLY get MMW to skip forward and back (and adjust the volume using Up/Down)?

The original OP's request:
With the hotkey definition Playback: Skip 5 Seconds Forward set to right I expect that when I press the right arrow key while MMW is the active window that 5 seconds are skipped in the audio being played. Instead, the file list moves.
bdplaid

Post by bdplaid »

I fixed it. I reinstalled MMW and it started working.