CD's Ripping Out Of Order

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Yagunyons

CD's Ripping Out Of Order

Post by Yagunyons »

Greetings

I am new to the forums and am here with a puzzling problem. I've been ripping cd's in WAV format. MM shows the rip process copying songs in proper order as they appear on the cd. The songs also list in my library in proper order. BUT - when I sync the playlist with my A&K AK70, the songs are all out of order. Here's the rub - I'm also using MM to manage my digitized vinyl. I use Audacity for the digitization, track splits, etc. Here, the track order stays in perfectly good order, both in MM as well as syncing to my AK70. Anyone have a clue what's going on here? Your help would be greatly appreciated as this is a most irritating development given how much I am generally enjoying MM.

Thanks alot in advance.
yarguy

Re: CD's Ripping Out Of Order

Post by yarguy »

Are you digitizing your vinyl to WAV? WAV is the most likely culprit since it doesn't support metadata very well and your AK70 probably uses that metadata rather than filename (it likely doesn't keep the filename). Why aren't you using FLAC? It is just as lossless as WAV, supports full metadata and actually uses less space. If I am reading the AK70 specs correctly, it will play FLAC, and especially 192KHZ FLAC (well beyond the quality of your cds).
Yagunyons wrote:Greetings

I am new to the forums and am here with a puzzling problem. I've been ripping cd's in WAV format. MM shows the rip process copying songs in proper order as they appear on the cd. The songs also list in my library in proper order. BUT - when I sync the playlist with my A&K AK70, the songs are all out of order. Here's the rub - I'm also using MM to manage my digitized vinyl. I use Audacity for the digitization, track splits, etc. Here, the track order stays in perfectly good order, both in MM as well as syncing to my AK70. Anyone have a clue what's going on here? Your help would be greatly appreciated as this is a most irritating development given how much I am generally enjoying MM.

Thanks alot in advance.
Yagunyons

Post by Yagunyons »

That's the thing - vinyl to WAV works just fine. The track order is maintained. It's the CD's. But let me follow your advice and rip a cd to FLAC and see how that goes...I'll report back

yarguy wrote:Are you digitizing your vinyl to WAV? WAV is the most likely culprit since it doesn't support metadata very well and your AK70 probably uses that metadata rather than filename (it likely doesn't keep the filename). Why aren't you using FLAC? It is just as lossless as WAV, supports full metadata and actually uses less space. If I am reading the AK70 specs correctly, it will play FLAC, and especially 192KHZ FLAC (well beyond the quality of your cds).
Yagunyons wrote:Greetings

Thanks alot in advance.
Yagunyons

Post by Yagunyons »

yarguy - you had it exactly right. Thank you so much; it was very frustrating and I appreciate your insight. Cheers!