Multi Select prior to assigning

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

quofiend

Multi Select prior to assigning

Post by quofiend »

Hi folks.
I'm seeking a utility/add-on that would allow me to select/mark multiple tracks or albums from a list/scroll view, that I can then, having selected/marked all I need, allocate to a playlist or some other action...

ie. Scroll through a list of tracks (several thousand), checking those I want, and then having completed my selection, being able to say - add all selected to a playlist.
We can do this when we select tracks to sync with iPod or other devices. But what about on main screens.
Is there a way to do this on core platform ..
I'm trying to reduce the process to select and action and avoid having to highlight tracks (prone to losing all highlighted) then right clicking and 'send to' / 'playlist' / name of list .

I realise I can CTL-CLICK and select multiple tracks... and almost achieve the requirement. But not quite what I'm after.

Thoughts ?
Lowlander

Re: Multi Select prior to assigning

Post by Lowlander »

Just select the files you want and then right click on a selected file, Send To > Playlist.
quofiend

Post by quofiend »

Seeking a check box solution ideally.
Selecting multiple via CTL key is a pain when you miss the CTL key and all those previously selected are now UNSELECTED .. grrrrr. :-)
Hence the checkbox approach as in sync device selections would be a massive benefit IMHO.
Peke

Post by Peke »

You can use standard CTRL+SHIFT to select another batch of tracks.

example:
1. CTRL+CLICK first
2. CTRL+CLICK fourth
3. CRTL+SHIFT+CLICK Tenth
4. CRTL+CLICK twenty
5. CTRL+SHIFT+CLICK Thirty
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts