Surround/Synthised Sound for synced or burned audio?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

doane2u

Surround/Synthised Sound for synced or burned audio?

Post by doane2u »

I have MM 4.1.2.1864

I would like to be able to easily add a surround sound effect to favorites lists I burn to CDs for use in the car, or to SD cards I use in portable players, or to ones I transfer to my iPhone for bluetooth playback on portable speakers, in the car, etc.
My Sound Blaster SBX Pro software does a good job of this for listening on my computer speakers and I would like to get the same or similar effect for car and other listening.
For my main audio system I don't use any effects and almost all my music is in FLAC format that I convert to mp3 only for use as mentioned above.
Media Monkey Gold 5
Windows 10 Home 64x
MB Gigabyte Z590 UD AC w/ Intel core i5-11600k 3.9GHz 6 core
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB DDR4-2600
Video EVGA GeForce GTX1660 TI
Audio Sound Blaster Z SBX Studio
C: Samsung 980 1TB M.2 NVME SS
E: SATA Western Digital Black 1TB (to be replace with a Samsung 980 1TB M.2 NVME SS)
Lowlander

Re: Surround/Synthised Sound for synced or burned audio?

Post by Lowlander »

This is not possible with MediaMonkey.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
To explain in more details. Even that MediaMonkey have recording of its output it would record Audio output that MediaMonkey generate and not the real output sound you have passed thru Sound Blaster SBX Pro software that adds additional sound filters before sound is send to your playback device output that you actually hear from speakers.

There several ways to do output recording.
1. First option where you do not want to record Filtered sound of output sound recording (Stereo Mix) is not available you can follow this tutorial https://mediarealm.com.au/articles/ster ... indows-10/ with suggested VB Audio Cable Driver https://www.vb-audio.com/Cable/index.htm (It should be free of charge from my tests) and then use any audio recording app to record directly from output. If wanted you can then use any Audio editors to enhance and add effects like surround.

2. If Stereo Mix is Available on your PC it should output sound after Sound Blaster SBX Pro software applied filters and you can then use any audio recording app to save output. Here is the info on how to enable Stereo Mix output. https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/39532/h ... ord-audio/

3. Third option is making Audio Loopback recording directly from Audio recording application here is info on how to do that (it includes also example of Stereo mix option) https://www.howtogeek.com/217348/how-to ... tereo-mix/

NOTE: Using first and third option thru Audio loopback Recording should give you digital recording of your output. As I do not have Sound Blaster SBX Pro software I can't confirm Audio loopback option but all of those simply depends on your preference and sound quality you want to gain from output. Unfortunately there is downside to this as it is in realtime and ALL your windows sounds are recorded so you need to disable all windows sounds and ticks to be able to get clean audio output.

In the past there was a way to install output plugin in MMW that would record MMW output to WAV/MP3, but I do not see the point in that except you want to make single crossfade mix of your playlist and use it like that on other devices. Otherwise I do not see the point as MMW can convert any format that can play into device supported format here is example plugins and I'm not sure if they still work and it is hustle to switch to from such plugins in order to be able to choose if you want recording or want to listen MMW playback.
https://winampheritage.com/plugin/mp3-o ... ugin/33396 and http://out-lame.sourceforge.net/

Lastly usually such recordings create only one big file of recording that if you want to have separate tracks and metadata you need to split and then burn/copy to device. I'm not sure how much it is worth the effort.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
doane2u

Post by doane2u »

Thanks everyone.

I play back music on my 2 smallish Klipsch THX PC speakers using the Sound Blaster DTS Neo-PC setting and it really enhances and opens up the music. I guess the only way to get that effect in my car would be to record with the effects using my copy of Adacity and then burn that recording to a CD or convert to mp3 over to a SD card, etc., that would be a lot of work.

I found an app for my iphone called "Boom" that enhances music, but it's mainly for headphone use and it can't stream the music because of some sort of legal restrictions so the only way to use it in the car would be the headphone jack to the aux in.
Media Monkey Gold 5
Windows 10 Home 64x
E: SATA Western Digital Black 1TB (to be replace with a Samsung 980 1TB M.2 NVME SS)
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
sorry, I couldn't resist, but if you can't play using Boom over BT connections then I have no words to explain, except with someone wise once said "The best way to use it legally is not to use it at all."
Best regards,
Peke
doane2u

Post by doane2u »

Peke:

Not sure what you mean, but I went into my iPhone and reread the restriction in the app listing which I had vaguely remembered reading and it actually said, "Note: Technical restrictions prevent Boom to support live streaming tracks." In the description of the app they specifically say it's for headphone use, so I assumed it just isn't set up for anything other than the special earphone output jack on my iPhone 7+.

But, I went ahead and dl'd the app and tried it out. I started playing Pandora and tried the app and it didn't work and on the main screen there is a message:
Apple Music "DRM Protected" So there is the legal part, I guess, along with the tech problem for the app. It will play and enhance music in the iPhone library that I have synced from Media Monkey but the effect is not that great unless listening to ear buds. When I Bluetooth it to a portable speaker it does add some ambience, but it isn't that impressive.
Media Monkey Gold 5
Windows 10 Home 64x
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
From you post I got assumed that Boom do not influence sound when tracks are played over BT.

Re DRM: that can I explain as instead of Boom you can use Stream recorder which I respect, even I do not support such behavior and personally think that DRM is bad for Artists.
Best regards,
Peke
doane2u

Post by doane2u »

Sorry I wasn't clear. Until I actually installed the app and tried it, I didn't know if it would work.

I can play music I have synchronized from MM over to my iPhone using Boom and I can also send with music to other Bluetooth devices with the Boom effects working, but they are not very impressive.

I can not use Boom to play any streamed music like from Pandora, etc.
Media Monkey Gold 5
Windows 10 Home 64x
doane2u

Post by doane2u »

Again, thanks for your help
Media Monkey Gold 5
Windows 10 Home 64x