Can't save Auto-Organize Mask starting with <Folder:-0>

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

huge

Can't save Auto-Organize Mask starting with <Folder:-0>

Post by huge »

I just figured out that I can use <Folder:-0> or <Folder:-> to signify the Drive Letter of the source file. This is the behavior I want, and it works great.

The problem is that after I use that mask to move files to their desired locations, the next time I use Auto-Organize, the mask has changed to <Folder:-1> which does NOT behave the way I want.

If I make other changes to my mask, including different negative integers in <Folder:xxx> those changes are saved.

Any idea how to make the change stick? Failing that, is there another way to designate only the drive letter portion of the source path so that my files will get moved to a location on the same drive?
Peke

Re: Can't save Auto-Organize Mask starting with <Folder:-0>

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Can you give me exact mask you use as if I got you correctly you want to archive this:

Mask: d:\Music\Backup Drive <Folder:0>\<Album Artist>\<Artist> - <Title>
Example Track: F:\Music\The best of 90's\Rednex\Rednex - Wish You Were Here.mp3
Organize result: F:\Music\The best of 90's\Rednex\Rednex - Wish You Were Here.mp3 -> d:\Music\Backup Drive F\The best of 90's\Rednex\Rednex - Wish You Were Here.mp3

Am I right?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
huge

Post by huge »

Peke wrote:Hi,
Can you give me exact mask you use as if I got you correctly you want to archive this:

Mask: d:\Music\Backup Drive <Folder:0>\<Album Artist>\<Artist> - <Title>
Example Track: F:\Music\The best of 90's\Rednex\Rednex - Wish You Were Here.mp3
Organize result: F:\Music\The best of 90's\Rednex\Rednex - Wish You Were Here.mp3 -> d:\Music\Backup Drive F\The best of 90's\Rednex\Rednex - Wish You Were Here.mp3

Am I right?
Thanks for the reply...

My full mask (that won't stick/save properly):

Code: Select all

<Folder:-0>\MM\$if(,<Path:2>,<Type:5>\<Album Artist:1>\<Album Artist:40>\$if(1,[<Year>] )$Left(<Album>,50)\$if(<Disc#>,<Disc#:2>-,)$if(<Track#>,<Track#:3> )$Left(<Title>,60))
But I'll shorten it to make sure I can reproduce the problem:

<Folder:-0>\MM\<Track#:3> <Title>
That mask gives me the result I want, ie this path/filename:

E:\TopFolder\Subfolder1\Subfolder2\filename.mp3
...gets organized to this:

E:\MM\001 TrackTitle.mp3

But when I select my next track or tracks to auto-organize, the mask has been changed to:

<Folder:-1>\MM\<Track#:3> <Title>
...and if I try to use that, I don't get what I want (and I wouldn't expect to). But then if instead of <Folder:-0> I drop the minus sign and use <Folder:0>, I inexplicably get a long file path/name that repeats the source path 3 times so that the new path has like 12 nested directories, and is typically flagged by being "overly long"

So it seems like two things are going wrong, but only one I really would like a fix or workaround for. The fact that <Folder:0> doesn't seem to do the right thing is weird, but I can get the behavior I want using <Folder:-0> or <Folder-> ... But then I can't properly save that mask for the next album/collection. It's not the end of the world - all I have to do is delete the "1" before I hit OK - but if I ever forget to do that, I'll end up with all selected files in the wrong place.

TL;DR - the mask element <Folder:0> isn't working right. <Folder:-0> does work right but won't save properly.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Based on what you wrote mask

\MM\$if(,<Path:2>,<Type:5>\<Album Artist:1>\<Album Artist:40>\$if(1,[<Year>] )$Left(<Album>,50)\$if(<Disc#>,<Disc#:2>-,)$if(<Track#>,<Track#:3> )$Left(<Title>,60))
would do the same without "<folder:-0>"

Anyway I added http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=14647 for further tweaking.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
huge

Post by huge »

Peke wrote:Based on what you wrote mask

\MM\$if(,<Path:2>,<Type:5>\<Album Artist:1>\<Album Artist:40>\$if(1,[<Year>] )$Left(<Album>,50)\$if(<Disc#>,<Disc#:2>-,)$if(<Track#>,<Track#:3> )$Left(<Title>,60))
would do the same without "<folder:-0>"

Anyway I added http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=14647 for further tweaking.
ok (A) thank you for the completely-solved-the-problem reply.

also (B) that's both hilarious and pathetic that I spent all this time trying to figure out what I needed to add to my mask to resolve to the source drive letter, when what I needed was to add exactly nothing.