Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.2 (2014-01-27)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

bfallona

Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.2 (2014-01-27) How to use

Post by bfallona »

I did a search & went to your script home page, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to use the program. It's installed & shows up. I spent an hour reading a lot of posts & trying to get it to work - with no luck. Sorry but can you post a kind of "idiots guide to using the script" Thanks
TheSoulRider

Re: Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.2 (2014-01-27)

Post by TheSoulRider »

Yup. Me, too. Can't find instructions.
jloyzaga

Post by jloyzaga »

ok I have installed this but I can't find where to run it it mediamonkey - lke where is the option to run it from which do I click the file tab and find a link to it?

I just want to delete the 2 highest bitrate for each title if they are under 320. otherwise 320 upwards I want to keep

Does this do that?
dcallende

Extension - Advanced Duplicate Finder

Post by dcallende »

I have added Advanced Duplicate Finder and can see it in my extensions pop up. When I go Tools> Scripts I do not see this script.

Where in the menu do I go to use it?

http://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brows ... -find-fix/

I have the same type of question on the standard way of finding / deleting duplicates. They instructions say:

"Duplicate Titles
In the Tree, go to the Library > Files to Edit > Duplicate Titles node. The tracklist will fill with tracks that have identical titles. Manually delete the tracks you no longer require"

I don't know how to follow the menu "Library > Files to Edit > Duplicate Titles node". I assume that my issue is that I don't know the start of the menu "Library"

Thanks
splivingston

Removing duplicates using Advanced Duplicate Find and Fix

Post by splivingston »

Having run the analysis using Find and Fix I now have a list of 431 nodes within the Find and Fix folder containing the duplicates. I right click on one of the nodes and hit delete, but nothing happens...it's not deleted. If I can fix that, I'd like to select them all with Control or Shift but it doesn't seem to like that either. What am I doing wrong? I'm a novice and almost hopeless MMW user and still finding my way through it so please make the answer simple.
Sue
jloyzaga

script to delete file

Post by jloyzaga »

rivorson wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:37 am Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix
https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... -find-fix/
this only allows a maximim number of 100 files. why?
dharmaturtle

Post by dharmaturtle »

This still works in 2019, after installing it go to Tools > Options, Library > Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix

There you can configure all the things.

To get the keyboard shortcuts working, you need to literally type the words "Ctrl+Alt+Shift+C" or something like it.

To copy and paste metadata, simply right click a song.

Born

Post by Born »

For me this addon is a nightmare
I must re install Media Monkey every time advanced duplicate find & fix operates and freezes MM
All i hope is to be able to remove it, but i even don't know how...
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It runs fine here. You can remove Addons from Tools > Extensions. If that fails you may be able to remove it manually from the Scripts folder where MediaMonkey is installed.
AllenKll

Post by AllenKll »

How do I run this? Do I need a restart or something? It installed, and I can see the config options in Tools->options. But I don't see how to run!

It's not in the Tools->Scripts menu, like I would have expected. ANyone?
allenkll

Post by allenkll »

Post and solve... AMIRITE?

In order to run the script you need to click in the tree on the left called "Media Tree", then find the "Music" branch, open it, find "Files to Edit" branch, scroll to bottom, open "Advanced Duplicate and find" to see the scripts. you should be able to run them from there.

here's a picture. imgur. com/Cnk59Rb
hummerstein

Advanced Duplicate and Find in Collection

Post by hummerstein »

Hi,

I want to use the Advanced Duplicate and Find plugin with a collection I created.
It lives under the 'files to edit' tree node in 'Music'.
Even though I can enable 'files to edit' in my collection, the 'Advanced Duplicate and Find' Plugin is not present. Result
'Music' > 'Files to Edit' > 'Advanced Duplicate and Find Plugin'
[New Collection] > 'Files to Edit' ... but no Advanced Duplicate and Find.
Can you advise how to enable it?

Hummer
turbotim

Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.2 (2014-01-27)

Post by turbotim »

Hi Guys,
Please could you let me know the easiest non complicated way to use this addon to just completely delete (from the library and hard drive) any duplicate tracks (once it has found all of them) and leave only one copy.

Thanks in advance
Rodo

Post by Rodo »

Born wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:08 pm For me this addon is a nightmare
I must re install Media Monkey every time advanced duplicate find & fix operates and freezes MM
All i hope is to be able to remove it, but i even don't know how...
I am having the same issue as you. Would love to know how to fix it. Luckily I have not had to reinstall MM yet.

When I launch MM, in the bottom status bar of MM it says "Loading AdvancedDuplicateFindFix.vbs". Everything else in MM freezes while this is loading. After waiting for a few minutes, it is still the same. I then force MM to shutdown via the Task Manager. Restarted it many times (more than 10 today) and same thing happened. Then managed to get it working somehow, not sure how but It appears to be ok at the moment.

I assume that this issue is being caused by this Addon but maybe it could be from another Addon, conflict with this Addon or something else in MM. I also have MiniLyrics installed and this opens automatically when MM starts. And also scan library continuously and at startup are turned on.
haydn

Post by haydn »

I had his duplicate fixer several years ago and it worked perfectly, now it seems to be too much trouble. I guess the author Bex stopped maintaining his script. Now I have loads of dupes but not game to use the addon.