HELP AUTO ORGANIZE MASKS

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

DUBs

HELP AUTO ORGANIZE MASKS

Post by DUBs »

Can someone help me understand why this mask is not working and how to fix it ????????????

First I select that this will only apply to Type is Music Video box.

(Second side question is there a way to make mm auto accept a type based on it's location??? Every time I rebuild the library all my music videos and TV shows start migrating to the video folder and i need to have auto organize put them back by manually changing the type from video to music video or tv etc.)

Y:\###MusicVideos\$if(<Album Artist>,$if(<Album Artist>=Various Artists,<Album>\<Track#:2>- <Artist>-<Title>,<Album Artist>\$if(<Album>,<Album>\<Track#:2>- <Title>,<Artist>-<Title>),),<Title>)

Which I am trying to get to say;
IF
album artist exists
THEN IF
Album Artist=Various Artists tracks go in Album folder followed by Track#- Artist-Title.mp4
(it is understood that if I have taken the time to label the album artist as various artist then it will also have a album)
ELSE
Album Artist exists and is not equal to Various Artists put in Album Artist folder
THEN IF
album exists put in Album folder with Track#- Title.mp4
ELSE
put Artist- Title.mp4 in Album Artist folder without Album Folder since there isn't one and finally...
IF
Album Artist does not exist then its likely new and I haven't tagged anything so just keep as is (don't know if better to use <title> or <filename> here is better or makes a difference I just don't want mm to change any info until I decide what it is )
Lowlander

Re: HELP AUTO ORGANIZE MASKS

Post by Lowlander »

1) No, Type is auto-assigned, not user configurable. However, Gold uses can change how Collections are created.

Use Tools > Auto-Organize Files to work on your Mask. Select a few tracks that match the different scenarios you're working on and then edit the Mask step by step to get the desired results for all scenarios. Check if this does it:

Code: Select all

Y:\###MusicVideos\$if(<Album Artist>,$if(<Album Artist>=Various Artists,<Album>\<Track#:2>- <Artist>-<Title>,<Album Artist>\$if(<Album>,<Album>\<Track#:2>- <Title>,<Artist>-<Title>,<Artist>-<Title>)),<Path>)
Documentation: http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... ormats/4.0
DUBs

Post by DUBs »

Is there a token or something I could save in the meta-data of the files that would allow mm to recognize a track as a audio book or music video?

Basically your saying my statements aren't terminating right but the syntax looks ok. I played with commas and parenthesis a little and wound up with this which is working now I am happy with it.

Y:\###MusicVideos\$if(<Album Artist>,$if(<Album Artist>=Various Artists,<Album>\<Track#:2> - <Artist>-<Title>,<Album Artist>\)$if(<Album>,<Album>\<Track#:2> - <Title>,<Artist> - <Title>),<Title>)
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »