Converting on the fly

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

buff

Converting on the fly

Post by buff »

Hi,

Wondered if someone could help - I've been using MediaMonkey for a number of years and recently along with a Sonos speaker. The Sonos speaker can't apparently play hi-res files via its software, but when played via MediaMonkey they do play. It has been suggested that MediaMonkey converts these on the fly when played, so I was wondering what they are converted to and if the settings can be changed and what to?

Many thanks
Lowlander

Re: Converting on the fly

Post by Lowlander »

Tools > Options > Media Sharing and configure (Options) the Server. Check the Auto-Conversions tab to see what settings are used.

Note, this can also be set individually per Client.
buff

Post by buff »

Many thanks
yarguy

Post by yarguy »

I would doubt that any conversion is going on as Sonos does play hi-res files. I don't know where your misinformation came from (unless you mean by hi-res formats greater than 1411). https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/ ... io-formats
buff wrote:Hi,

Wondered if someone could help - I've been using MediaMonkey for a number of years and recently along with a Sonos speaker. The Sonos speaker can't apparently play hi-res files via its software, but when played via MediaMonkey they do play. It has been suggested that MediaMonkey converts these on the fly when played, so I was wondering what they are converted to and if the settings can be changed and what to?

Many thanks