syncing MMW Classification fields [#11022]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

josse

syncing MMW Classification fields [#11022]

Post by josse »

The "Custom 1" thru "Custom 5" fields in MMW did not appear to come over to the MM Android. Do I need to do anything special to bring them over?
Lowlander

Re: syncing MMW Classification fields

Post by Lowlander »

Many fields including custom fields are not supported at the moment. This may change in a future release.
rusty

Post by rusty »

I can't promise which fields will be added, but I can say that we plan to add support for a lot more of them.

-Rusty
bjoerns

Post by bjoerns »

rusty wrote:I can't promise which fields will be added, but I can say that we plan to add support for a lot more of them.

-Rusty
This is by far my most wanted feature of a future release of MMA, because I heavily tag my music in MMW. The tags, which I use and would be very happy to have synced over to MMA (at least for showing, at best for filtering/sorting/navigating):
  • Comment: This tag would be only for showing (no filtering/sorting/navigating)
  • Grouping: I use this tag as parent hierarchy of genre (example: Grouping = 1980s, Genre = 1980s.New Wave)
  • Original Year: I misuse this tag for saving the year, in which I buyed an album (example: Original Year = 1993 means, I buyed the album this year)
  • Original Artist: similar to 'Original Year', but for month (example: Original Artist = 1993.11 means, I buyed the album in november of 1993)
  • Involved People: I misuse this tag for saving date and location of a concert/festival, where I saw a band (example: Involved People = 2009.07.24_2_Stonehill (Alterswil)
aardwolf98

Post by aardwolf98 »

I'd also like this feature. I use the Occasion tag to mark tracks as kid-friendly and not kid-friendly. I'd love to listen to the unclassified tracks on my device and be able to quickly set that and have it sync back. As it is now I have to go back in and assign them to playlists on the device then open MMW and update the tags then delete them from the playlists on the device so I know I got them.
timepiece

Re: syncing MMW Classification fields [#11022]

Post by timepiece »

Yes, I would love even just the built-in Classification fields, if not the Custom ones. And then a Classification tile for the home screen!

That would allow me to eliminate some playlists which just duplicate some of my tagged Moods.
timepiece

[REQ] Browse by Year and Classification

Post by timepiece »

When might we finally get browsing by year and classification (Tempo/Mood/Occasion/Quality) in MMA? Those are the killer features for me - being able to shuffle all in a decade or mood, particularly.

And please don't say anything about autoplaylists - I don't want to duplicate all my moods and occasions, and until I can sync a random subset of a playlist, I wouldn't be able to access the playlist on MMA anyway.
fdk242

Adding Occasion and other classif fields to the android app

Post by fdk242 »

Hi
Would be awesome to have Occasion and other classif fields (tempo, etc.) or custom fields added to the Android application, in the home screen.
This way, I would be able to find / play sets of tracks without having to create / edit dynamic playlists, etc.
Genre is not enough as it is assigned based on album, and sometimes tracks vary very much within an album in tempo, mood, occasion, etc.

Thanks!
F
timepiece

Post by timepiece »

Genre is not enough as it is assigned based on album, and sometimes tracks vary very much within an album in tempo, mood, occasion, etc.
You don't have to tag genre by album. Almost all of my albums are multi-genre because I tag genre by track. Some of the tracks are multi-genre as well (e.g., rock + ballad, country + anthem).
Peke

Post by Peke »

Much better customization of MMA is alrady in work for MMA 2.0.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
timepiece

Post by timepiece »

Peke wrote:Much better customization of MMA is alrady in work for MMA 2.0.
And is that still scheduled for 2018-08-01, as the Roadmap says? Because 1.3.2 is still scheduled for 2017-08-01, which I don't think you're gonna hit.

But I have to admit, tiles for mood/occasion/tempo are pretty much my number 1 wanted feature.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
We still do not share UI screenshots of MMA 2.0 UI but night builds are created for internal testings.

As always, all I can say is "SOON".
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts