Discogs Tagger 5.84 (Updated: 2024-01-03)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

crap_inhuman

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.59 (Updated: 2018-04-04)

Post by crap_inhuman »

banquo wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 1:05 pm Hi,
I'm getting an error msg when I try to install this addon in Windows 10 (latest version). When I double-click on the mmip file, MM launches, I choose Install Now in the Product Installation window, and it fails with the error "Discogs Tagger was not installed." Oddly, it was installed and working at one point -- I think I clicked Open after the file DL, while MM was running. But Discogs wasn't showing up as an Option under Auto-Tag from Web, so per other recommendations here, I uninstalled Discogs... and now it won't reinstall. Not sure what else to try.
MM must be open if you want to install an AddOn. So it wasn't a fault installing the AddOn while MM is running.
If you start MM now, do you see that Discogs Tagger is still installed? If so, please try to uninstall it again.
If you try again to install then, what error message you see exactly?
Metal up your ass !
-----------------------------------------------
I added my first 2 videos on youtube. The language is german.

Discogs Autorisierung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oryxKKtnEnc
Discogs Tagger Bedienung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85Wk-5rd-W0
Seria17hri11er

Post by Seria17hri11er »

First, crap_inhuman, thank you for creating this great addon.

I cannot get this installed. It seems to partially install. I double click the installer, it loads in Media Monkey properly. I click install and it says "Unable to Create Directory." However, it does show up as installed, but I cannot click the "options" button to set things up.

I set it to so that I have full control of the install file. I also set Media Monkey to run as admin. I set the Media Monkey Folder to full read/write rights. I was still having issues with W10 read-only issues. Ended up setting my entire user folder to full read/write rights. It seemed to have took, and my full control options seem to be set--for whatever reason Microsoft has made it look like it's still set to read only. If you go in to check it, it will always say "read only" even if not. This can be verified by unchecking, and clicking apply. If a popup appears and it begins changing files, then it was set to read-only and is now changing. If the pop-up doesn't appear, and it completes very quickly, it was already set to that.

Elaborated on that a bit in case anyone else runs into that annoying issue.

So, even though I did all that I still had the same issue.

I also tried creating the following folders inside of MediaMonkey/Scripts/ folder:

discog
discog tagger
discogs
discogs tagger
discogstagger
discogtagger

None of this made any difference. Everytime I tried to install I got the failed to create directory.

This is an older version of Media Monkey. V 3.2.5.1306

I've tried to check and see if this is the newest version of V3, but I cannot find an archive or repository anywhere. Cannot afford V4 at the moment.

Anyone got any thoughts?
crap_inhuman

Post by crap_inhuman »

Seria17hri11er wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 1:41 pm First, crap_inhuman, thank you for creating this great addon.

I cannot get this installed. It seems to partially install. I double click the installer, it loads in Media Monkey properly. I click install and it says "Unable to Create Directory." However, it does show up as installed, but I cannot click the "options" button to set things up.

I set it to so that I have full control of the install file. I also set Media Monkey to run as admin. I set the Media Monkey Folder to full read/write rights. I was still having issues with W10 read-only issues. Ended up setting my entire user folder to full read/write rights. It seemed to have took, and my full control options seem to be set--for whatever reason Microsoft has made it look like it's still set to read only. If you go in to check it, it will always say "read only" even if not. This can be verified by unchecking, and clicking apply. If a popup appears and it begins changing files, then it was set to read-only and is now changing. If the pop-up doesn't appear, and it completes very quickly, it was already set to that.

I also tried creating the following folders inside of MediaMonkey/Scripts/ folder:

discog
discog tagger
discogs
discogs tagger
discogstagger
discogtagger

None of this made any difference. Everytime I tried to install I got the failed to create directory.

I've tried to check and see if this is the newest version of V3, but I cannot find an archive or repository anywhere. Cannot afford V4 at the moment.

Anyone got any thoughts?
Hi,

thank you for your post.

I tested the Discogs Tagger only on MM V4.x. I think that some properties i use were implement in V4.
You could try to use V5.54 of the Addon. In V5.55 and later i changed the installation procedure.
Sorry, but i didn't have another solution for you now.. :(
Metal up your ass !

banquo

Post by banquo »

crap_inhuman wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 5:15 am MM must be open if you want to install an AddOn. So it wasn't a fault installing the AddOn while MM is running.
If you start MM now, do you see that Discogs Tagger is still installed? If so, please try to uninstall it again.
Aha -- I ran the mmip file with MM open and it installed fine. Thanks much!
banquo

Post by banquo »

Hi,
OK, I’ve got the script installed and have set almost all of my preferences. I’m wondering if there’s any control over filename format. My music collection uses the format Artist -Trackname, so instead of “01Chvches - Track 1.mp3,” I’d prefer the filename to be “Chvches - Graffiti.mp3.” Is that possible? Thanks.
crap_inhuman

Post by crap_inhuman »

banquo wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 3:18 pm
crap_inhuman wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 5:15 am MM must be open if you want to install an AddOn. So it wasn't a fault installing the AddOn while MM is running.
Aha -- I ran the mmip file with MM open and it installed fine. Thanks much!
Great !
banquo wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 3:59 pm Hi,
OK, I’ve got the script installed and have set almost all of my preferences. I’m wondering if there’s any control over filename format. My music collection uses the format Artist -Trackname, so instead of “01Chvches - Track 1.mp3,” I’d prefer the filename to be “Chvches - Graffiti.mp3.” Is that possible? Thanks.
You can change the filename format in MM itself, the Discogs Tagger doesn't change the filename.
Metal up your ass !

Seria17hri11er

Post by Seria17hri11er »

crap_inhuman wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 3:14 pm
Seria17hri11er wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 1:41 pm First, crap_inhuman, thank you for creating this great addon.

discog
discog tagger
discogs
discogs tagger
discogstagger
discogtagger

Anyone got any thoughts?
Hi,

thank you for your post.

I tested the Discogs Tagger only on MM V4.x. I think that some properties i use were implement in V4.
You could try to use V5.54 of the Addon. In V5.55 and later i changed the installation procedure.
Sorry, but i didn't have another solution for you now.. :(
No worries! That is a possible solution and info I didn't know! I will try V5.54. Thanks!
DJSamhein

Post by DJSamhein »

Seria17hri11er wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 11:52 pm I set it to so that I have full control of the install file. I also set Media Monkey to run as admin. I set the Media Monkey Folder to full read/write rights.
While there is a Program Files (x86)/MediaMonkey/Scripts folder, that is not where the MM script is installed. It is installed in %AppData%\MediaMonkey\Scripts. Try giving your user security permissions over that folder.
pacman78

Post by pacman78 »

I'm having troubles with the tagger add-on lately. Been using it for years, but the last couple of days, it fails.

I use version 5.59 (have also tried downgrading to previous versions) of your add-on installed, on the latest MM (4.1.20), on W10 (Home, 1803, build 17134.81)

I get this error
Error -2147012894 - msxml6.dll, a time out in
\AppData\Roaming\MediamMonkey\Scripts\DiscogsWebTag.vbs, Line 6141, column 3

a common error in the past, which usually means I just have to install a new version of the tagger. That's also what MM tells me now and again when I try to tag files: "There's a new version".

But when I go to extensions, and look for updates, none are found.

I tried looking at your site, but it seems your germanc64.de domain is down. Could that be the cause of this recent hiccup?
crap_inhuman

Post by crap_inhuman »

pacman78 wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 7:11 am I'm having troubles with the tagger add-on lately. Been using it for years, but the last couple of days, it fails.

I use version 5.59 (have also tried downgrading to previous versions) of your add-on installed, on the latest MM (4.1.20), on W10 (Home, 1803, build 17134.81)

I get this error
Error -2147012894 - msxml6.dll, a time out in
\AppData\Roaming\MediamMonkey\Scripts\DiscogsWebTag.vbs, Line 6141, column 3

a common error in the past, which usually means I just have to install a new version of the tagger. That's also what MM tells me now and again when I try to tag files: "There's a new version".

But when I go to extensions, and look for updates, none are found.

I tried looking at your site, but it seems your germanc64.de domain is down. Could that be the cause of this recent hiccup?
Hi,

i don't want to be rude, but you are sure your internet connection was okay in the moment you try to tag an album? If not, i hope my homepage wasn't down for a moment. I just tested the germanc64.de domain, it works (again). Please first try to tag. Cause 5.59 is the latest version.
If you still have problems, please write again!
Metal up your ass !

pacman78

Post by pacman78 »

Found it. My VPN was the problem. It kept me from visiting your site. Switched it off and on, and now everything is working again. Thanks, and keep up the good work. Great add-on! Love it.
crap_inhuman

Post by crap_inhuman »

pacman78 wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 10:33 am Found it. My VPN was the problem. It kept me from visiting your site. Switched it off and on, and now everything is working again. Thanks, and keep up the good work. Great add-on! Love it.
Cool, thank you for your post !
Metal up your ass !

DJSamhein

Post by DJSamhein »

Hi, I would like to request a new feature.
In many, many cases, discogs "splits" tracks (for example: r4358059) into 6.1 and 6.2. The tagger ignores these tracks and concatenates the names into the previous one (track 5).
Obviously, in many cases this isn't desirable. In this case, the release I have the individual tracks. In some cases, there isn't a release that exactly matches our mp3s, so can we have an option to tag individual files and not concatenate them.

In the example provided, it's even worse because, instead of concatenating the files and tagging the track 6, it's concatenating track 6 into track 5.

EDIT: Some sort of control for the ones that really are split into a single file would also be nice. When you have 2 tracks (especially on track 1) called Track1 and Track2, it will try to create "Track1 (Track1, Track2)". In the cases where this happens, I would like to control the output, so it can resolve into "Track1 / Track2", if possible.
crap_inhuman

Post by crap_inhuman »

DJSamhein wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:30 am Hi, I would like to request a new feature.
In many, many cases, discogs "splits" tracks (for example: r4358059) into 6.1 and 6.2. The tagger ignores these tracks and concatenates the names into the previous one (track 5).
Obviously, in many cases this isn't desirable. In this case, the release I have the individual tracks. In some cases, there isn't a release that exactly matches our mp3s, so can we have an option to tag individual files and not concatenate them.

In the example provided, it's even worse because, instead of concatenating the files and tagging the track 6, it's concatenating track 6 into track 5.

EDIT: Some sort of control for the ones that really are split into a single file would also be nice. When you have 2 tracks (especially on track 1) called Track1 and Track2, it will try to create "Track1 (Track1, Track2)". In the cases where this happens, I would like to control the output, so it can resolve into "Track1 / Track2", if possible.
Hi DJSamhein !

That's a big problem at Discogs. Some time ago Discogs use 1.1 and 1-1 as Subtracks, but didn't mark them as Subtracks. So the Tagger mostly didn't know what to do. Now the subtracks are marked, but not at all.
I add the feature you request some time ago. Start the Discogs Tagger and use the Tagging Options Button. There you find 2 options for the subtracks problem:
"No Sub-Track detection" and "Other Sub-Track Naming". Move the Mouse over the checkbox, so you will see examples, what the options do (or not do).

If you enable the "Other Sub-Track Naming", then the Tagger try to create "Track 1, Track 2"

Please give me a feedback if this would help you!
Metal up your ass !

crap_inhuman

Post by crap_inhuman »

BlueAlps wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 8:18 am Thanks for all your work on this.

I have a couple of feature requests. When matching tracks in the library to the Discogs track name would it be possible to ignore parentheses? E.g. I've got a track named "Nappy Head" in my library and the tagger didn't match it to the track "Nappy Head (Theme from "Ghetto Man")" in the Discogs database.

Also, would it be possible to use the "Grouping" tag where appropriate? Like here, where the tracks are grouped into sonatas. Or, like here, where the they're grouped into "The Death Side" and "The Life Side".
I added the grouping feature in the next version. For your first request i have a question: At which point the Tagger didn't match this track? In the table at the bottom of the Tagger?
Metal up your ass !