Play to

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

yarguy

Play to

Post by yarguy »

I find the new Play to... controls easier to use than Choose Player in MM4 in that I can easily choose several of my Sonos units and can choose the Internal Player at the same time as the Sonos units. But the multi-step process seems a step too far. To choose several players I first have to choose Multizone and then MM5 gives me a list of possible players, each with a check box. Why doesn't it just present the list of players with check boxes without have to go through the multizone step?
jiri

Re: Play to

Post by jiri »

The idea is to make the basic selection exclusive, i.e. you either play locally or cast to a device and can do this with just single click. Multizone is an addition to be able to select multiple locations. So, the best approach depends on what users do more often -- play on just a single, or multiple devices at once.

In any case, we are open to a discussion re. what's the most user friendly approach.

Jiri
yarguy

Re: Play to

Post by yarguy »

I do usually just play to either the internal player or one of the Sonos units. But it is just as easy to make the choice of one in what is now the Multizone checklist as it is in your basic selection.