Ripping CD

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

meatsean

Ripping CD

Post by meatsean »

Hi:

When ripping audio CD, the message below pops up and halts the converting process until I click OK. How can I set up MM to rip CD without getting pop up message?

Lowlander

Re: Ripping CD

Post by Lowlander »

That's shown after ripping is complete so it shouldn't interrupt the rip process.

Disabling Verify ripped tracks in the Rip dialog should stop this message.
meatsean

Post by meatsean »

Thanks.

MM halts at the stage below until I click OK. After I click OK, the message bar below that shows 'converting file 12 of 12' begins to display the following processes:

analyze volume
converting file
analyze volume

then CD gets ejected.

I don't know why MM is going through all those processes if you say message is shown after ripping is complete.

But, thanks again for all your help.

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Not sure about conversion (maybe the last ripped files converts after), but if it says Analyze Volume it might be that you have that option enabled to do so automatically for un-analyzed files.

Does the CD tray open after OK?
meatsean

Post by meatsean »

After OK, MM analyze volume, convert files, then CD tray opens.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I assume you have level volume enabled. Anyway you can disable the verification to stop the window.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Just to confirm steps analyze volume -> converting file -> analyze volume is done if you enable Volume leveling on RIP and analyze volume for not analyzed files eg. analyze volume (Calculating Gain) -> converting file (Level track volume after analyze is done and encode track again) -> analyze volume (newly track do not contain Volume Level Index, analyze)

My suggestion to keep as much as possible to original RIP disable Volume Leveling as today most apps support Auto Leveling if Volume Level Gain index is available (MMW and MMA both support it).
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts