Album Art Resolution Issue (not related to WMP)

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

MonkeyStrut

Album Art Resolution Issue (not related to WMP)

Post by MonkeyStrut »

Hi All --

I've searched the forum before posting but did not find an answer.

In all album art view modes, MM displays my album arts in low resolution (they are like fuzzy) while they all are at 500x500 or 600x600. When I go to the track tags, and go to album art tab, the art resolution is as it is supposed to be. The issue seems to be coming only through how the library is displaying the album art. I've tried with different skins to check if the issue was coming from that side but it had no effect.

(PS: I've never used WMP to listen to my tracks or for anything else)

Does someone know what is issue? Is this a regular behavior of MM?

-thanks-
Lowlander

Re: Album Art Resolution Issue (not related to WMP)

Post by Lowlander »

Try deleting the MMCache******_* folder(s) in your Temp folder (set under Tools > Options > General). If that fails which version of MediaMonkey are you running?
MonkeyStrut

Post by MonkeyStrut »

Thanks for your answer. I used the 4.07.1511 version of MM. I've deleted all the MMCache******_* folders. The album arts in the reader are as they should be (in terms of resolution). Album arts in the different library views are still in low quality/resolution (fuzzy).

Any other clues?

-thanks again-
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I'm not aware of any problems with Artwork in the Filelisting (Art and Art with Details views) with MediaMonkey 4.0.7. I don't know why this would be happening for you.

Are the original Artworks embedded in the files or external Artwork. If external Artwork what file type are they?
MonkeyStrut

Post by MonkeyStrut »

Yes, they embedded in the files.

You can see here an image of the issue: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uf379644ajgky ... _Issue.jpg (zoom in once, you will see much better the issue)
On the bottom right, you cans the album art as displayed below the playlist (no problem with that)
On the top left, you can see the album art as displayed if I click on the image on the bottom right and resize it to the same size as displayed in the album view, no problem with that
Now, you can compare those with the image displayed in the album view, in the top, middle, and see how fuzzy it is compared to the one on the left. This happens with all images and in all types of album views.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I presume that this is because you've made the Art Browser larger than intended (a small version is cached to speed up the Art Browser) and thus you see this. See: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=8766
MonkeyStrut

Post by MonkeyStrut »

I'm not sure this is the same issue because mine is not only related to the 3D art browser view, as you can see here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/br1yukpb15y3o ... ssue_2.jpg (album arts are small, but there is still this kind of "filter" above them that make them a little fuzzy).
MonkeyStrut

Post by MonkeyStrut »

Hi --

I'm testing the very last build of the MM beta version and I have noticed the very same behavior. The quality of album arts in the different library views is not as good as the true quality of the images themselves. When I click on a file, and edit album art properties, and click on album art, the image pops up; If I reduce it to the size of the images displayed in the library views, the quality is clearly different (i.e. worse).
tonyrome

Post by tonyrome »

Does anyone have the answer to this issue? The same problem exists in the Media Monkey Pro Android app (1.3.1.0751) five years on from the original post.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Make sure you sync with the latest version of MMW. You may need to start fresh (ie. remove all files from device) for best results.