Some titles display as Chinese - how to fix? [#15147]

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

MiPi

Re: Some titles display as Chinese - how to fix? [#15147]

Post by MiPi »

pokeefe0001: just look at private messages here, I have offered you solution for your specific case, which should solve your problem without need of deleting any metadata.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Tools > Advanced Tag Management > Clean ID3v2 tags cleans the ID3 version 2 tags from the file, not the database. To rewrite database values to the files you'd use Tools > Advanced Tag Management > Synchronize Tags.
pokeefe0001

Post by pokeefe0001 »

MiPi wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:43 am pokeefe0001: just look at private messages here, I have offered you solution for your specific case, which should solve your problem without need of deleting any metadata.
Thank you. I will try what you sent. (I may not get to it today, though.)

Actually, your earlier suggestion of "Tools - Advanced tag management - Clean ID3v2 tags" seemed to work in a small test. I need to try it on a larger sample to see what data is lost. I may not lose anything critical since everything in the MM database was acquired by scanning the library. If I go through the earlier suggested process of updating the original MMW2 database I suspect I would have more data to lose.
MMV4 (1919) Portable
MMW5 (2606) Portable
Multiple Win11 x64 21H2
Multiple Win7 x32, unknown builds
pokeefe0001

Post by pokeefe0001 »

MiPi wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:43 am pokeefe0001: just look at private messages here, I have offered you solution for your specific case, which should solve your problem without need of deleting any metadata.
Thank you. That solution worked I implemented your fix, ran a short test which looked good, and then rescanned the whole library. Everything is displayed correctly.

Thank you.
MMV4 (1919) Portable
MMW5 (2606) Portable
Multiple Win11 x64 21H2
Multiple Win7 x32, unknown builds
mpetrox

Post by mpetrox »

Sometimes it is a windows-10 problem. I had this problem and I found the following solution.
Check your mp3 file properties, ie right-click on a mp3 file and select properties. If the title and/or other info looks Chinese, then check the language settings of your pc as follows.
1. Open settings -> Language -> Click on “Administrative language settings”
2. In the section “Language for non-Unicode programs” check the setting. If it is different than the regional settings language, press “Change system locale” and set according to your locale
3. Try to Add/Rescan with some new mp3 files. If it is ok then clear the mediamonkey database from the mediamonkey menu -> File -> Clear Database, and then reload all mp3 from the beginning using Add/Rescan files to the Library