Sync location SD

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

pah68

Sync location SD

Post by pah68 »

Hi Guys,
I've downloaded the free version of MMA in an attempt to fix a sync issue I was having with my preferred mobile player (PlayerPro).
For some reason my sync masks that I've had set up in MMW for years no longer put the files in a Music folder in the root of my SD card.
e.g. \Music\<Album Artist>\<Album>\<Track#:2> $Left(<Artist>,20) - <Title>
Instead they're now being written to /Android/data/com.ventismedia.android.mediamonkey Player Pro seemingly will not read from here. So I thought, I'm a lifetime user of the windows app, why not get on board with the android app?
I can't get the Android app to read the files that I have USB synced to the SD card (whilst in the phone) in the location that MediaMonkey is now forcebly putting the files. I can confirm they are in that location but PlayerPro, and MMA do not see them. Google Play Music does however.

In MMA options I have set the 'MediaMonkey Storage' location for the SD card.
I've used the "Check for new/changed media" link and I'm told "scanning started.." After that initial notification there is nothing to suggest it is doing anything.
Ultimately the files (almost exclusively MP3's) are not added, yet they're on the SD card.
In an attempt to force MMA to see the files I tried to add the location folder manually by browsing right down to it. Still no joy.
Lowlander

Re: Sync location SD

Post by Lowlander »

That location is used for certain versions of Android (a Google thing for SD card storage). Was MMA installed when you synced the files?
pah68

Post by pah68 »

Yep, I'd installed it some time ago but didn't use it as I preferred another app that I had previously paid for. It found its way into this phone when I upgraded some months ago.
I do recall it seeing my usb synced files on the previous phone though.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

pah68

Post by pah68 »

Hi Lowlander,
Thanks for the link, I've previously found those and been through those steps.

The files have synced via USB. They do exist on the SD card
I am running Android 8.0.0 on a Galaxy S9
Permissions have been previously granted using the MMA app. I no longer see a menu option to grant access. I assume that confirms it's already done?
The files remain unmoved in the app-specific directory and remain invisible to MMA.

If I drill down through the folders using the MMA app I can play my music, yet they remain stubbornly missing from the other MMA nodes. The tracks are all tagged.

What on earth is going on????
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MMW are you using to sync?
pah68

Post by pah68 »

Currently MMW 4.1.22.1880
Peke

Post by Peke »

Can you please copy/paste content of /mediamonkey/files/storageinfo.xml from SDCard?

You can send me content in PM.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
pah68

Post by pah68 »

I've got an Outbox full of unsent PM's.
That's a whole other issue. The refuse to send.
Below is what I attempted to send you.

To cut to the chase though, updated to the most recent version of MMW. A small sync test of one album. Tracks were put where I wanted them and both MMA and PlayerPro is seeing them. :D

Thanks guys.
Now to fully commit to MMA and ditch PlayerPro and see if I can get the WiFi sync to work which has had me bluffed in the past.
Also forum PM's I can't send and Scrobbling from MMW to sort out, but at least for now, I'm not living in silence. :) :) :)

Subject: Sync location SD
Peke wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:40 pm Can you please copy/paste content of /mediamonkey/files/storageinfo.xml from SDCard?

You can send me content in PM.
Hi Peke,
Not sure if this PM will find you. They've been hit and miss of late too.

I have just upgraded MMW to the latest version and reduced my sync to just one playlist of one album. It's worked!! The album synced to the my desired \Music\ folder in the root of the SD card. MMA is seeing the album in all the MMA nodes.

Here is the contents of the file you requested, but no longer seems to be an issue.

Code: Select all

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' standalone='yes' ?>
<storages version="1.4" storageGuid="404f9aeb-c5a4-4eb1-8df2-ebfc858a406a.1.f3d91dca-4260-4ff0-8541-c445021323ce">
<storage>
<title>Internal Storage</title>
<path>/storage/emulated/0</path>
<prefix>primary:</prefix>
<guid>23d058223a017ece.0.951d972f-a90b-4e1c-99f3-5625ab26d70c</guid>
<info>MediaMonkey/files/storageInfo.xml</info>
<type>read-write</type>
<current>0</current>
</storage>
<storage>
<title>SD card</title>
<path>/storage/9C33-6BBD</path>
<prefix>9C33-6BBD:</prefix>
<guid>404f9aeb-c5a4-4eb1-8df2-ebfc858a406a.1.f3d91dca-4260-4ff0-8541-c445021323ce</guid>
<info>Android/data/com.ventismedia.android.mediamonkey/files/files/storageInfo.xml</info>
<type>read-write limited</type>
<current>1</current>
<appFolder>/Android/data/com.ventismedia.android.mediamonkey/files</appFolder>
<folder></folder>
</storage>
</storages>