Mediamonkey doesn't play songs, just skips through all songs

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

Danichan

Mediamonkey doesn't play songs, just skips through all songs

Post by Danichan »

I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
When I try to play any songs, Mediamonkey just moves to the next song and the next, and the next, and on and on. Not actually producing any sounds. I don't have this with Itunes (need Itunes unfortunately for my Iphone).

here is a screencast: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIDJU9HBMDs

Any ideas?
Thanks.
Last edited by Danichan on Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teknojnky

Re: Mediamonkey doesn't play songs, just skips through all songs

Post by Teknojnky »

this can happen under several different situations

- the files are no longer where MM thinks they are (itunes or wmp possbily automatically reorganized them or something)
- files are drm protected
- if they are on a network share, MM can't seem to connect

and more

give some more info on what kind of files they are (mp3/m4a/flac/etc), where they are located etc (main hard drive, network, external drive, on your ipod, etc).
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Danichan

Post by Danichan »

Teknojnky wrote:this can happen under several different situations

- the files are no longer where MM thinks they are (itunes or wmp possbily automatically reorganized them or something)
- files are drm protected
- if they are on a network share, MM can't seem to connect

and more

give some more info on what kind of files they are (mp3/m4a/flac/etc), where they are located etc (main hard drive, network, external drive, on your ipod, etc).

The files are just MP3. With Windows 7 Home Premium I didn't have any problems. All the files are there, on my main harddrive. No drm protection. If I right-click a file and say "open with Mediamonkey", it opens Mediamonkey, but doesn't play the song. Itunes doesn't have any problems (don't want to use that shit though).
I tried installing as administrator and running as administrator: no change (removed before trying each approach with Revo Uninstaller Pro).

I pu t a screencast on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIDJU9HBMDs
Danichan

Post by Danichan »

Yes, I do have Ultimate N this time. Strangely, Itunes doesn't have this problem.

I'll try and fix it and let you know. Thanks.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Danichan

Post by Danichan »

nohitter151 wrote:
Installing Windows Mediaplayer did the trick. Thanks.
mahdidalton

Re: Mediamonkey doesn't play songs, just skips through all s

Post by mahdidalton »

same problem here ... when i use "Play in MediaMonkey" in explorer right click menu (or Double click ), the mp3 file opened in MM but doesn't play ... but if i drag & drop it on MM there is no problem and song played . so this problem can't related to codecs ...

another problem is with my simple USB mass storage devices ,,, when I open an item from Tree section of MM - portable device the song doesn't play , but if i use My computer in tree section the song played ... so i guess there is a problem with d_WMDM.dll

my system : windows 7 Ultimate - MM (3.2.0.1294 ) gold
Jeffm

Post by Jeffm »

I have the same problem. Tracks won't play on MM, I get some static and it moves on to the next song. iTunes does not have a problem. I have installed several versions of MM.

I am using MM free version on XP pro.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

codemonkey

Post by codemonkey »

I have noticed that Mediamonkey doesn't properly import files from the network into the library when you select from the Media Server tree. That is, instead of importing from "Media Servers", you should select:
"My Computer" > "Network" > "Microsoft Windows Network" > [insert your home network group name here] > [insert your media server's name here]

I discovered this by right-clicking a file that was getting skipped, opening its properties, and looking at the file path. The file path was pointing to an https://192.168.0.xxx:50001 address, essentially going around my local network to grab the songs.

I'm running Windows 8.
melonf

Post by melonf »

I found that MediaMonkey skipped a few mp3 songs without playing them. In my case it was down to non-ascii characters in the file name. I changed the skipped file names to standard letters and the mp3 then played them ok.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Properties path "https://192.168.0.xxx:50001" means that files were playing thru DLNA server not accessed directly if they were to be accessed directly then path would be like this "\\192.168.0.xxx\Music\xxxxx\xxxxxx.mp3"
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Tristan

Post by Tristan »

I've had issues on and off with all media players. Presently suffering through this one on Media Monkey. Just updated MM and did a Win 10 update at same time, could be a problem. I refuse to activate Windows Media Player. If rescan doesn't work I'll uninstall MM and install WinAMP. When that glitches, I'll switch back. This won't help any of you but it makes me feel better to vent. Thanks.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Start here: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... iew/130/0/ as you don't have WMP, you may miss the necessary codecs in Windows.