MM crashed after ripping

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Ollie

MM crashed after ripping

Post by Ollie »

Recently I added new music to my library, by ripping some cds and removed all music. After the 3rd disk, my up-to-date MM on a also up-to-date W10-64b started to have some issues:
  1. First MM crashed, also the File explorer when I tried to open the D:-folder
  2. Then I restarted Windows and changed the settings of my BitDefender, so that it doenst scan new disk media
  3. Retried to rip the disk by MM, but MM crashed again
  4. Restarted Windows, deleted the MM.db-file in Appdata>Roaming>MM and tried it again, but it crashed again and I lost my podcast settings
  5. Restarted Windows, corrected the podcast setting and renamed the Stript-folder in Appdata>Roaming>MM and tried it again, but it crashed again, but didnt lose my podcast settings (Renaming the folder was advised to me 3 years ago)
  6. Now I have a MM that works fine, when I dont rip any disks. Otherwise MM will crash and I have to rescan my external HDD
Lowlander

Re: MM crashed after ripping

Post by Lowlander »

Capture the crash in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... p?f=1&t=69
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
There was no need to delete MM.DB, you can just rename it and you will not loose your library and podcasts.

Also a log file and if possible video recording steps prior to crash would be invaluable. You can open support ticket where we can go into more details that are not for public forum.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Ollie

Post by Ollie »

Thanks, when I've time to reproduce it, I will do what I can.