Discogs Tagger 5.84 (Updated: 2024-01-03)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

crap_inhuman

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.64 (Updated: 2018-11-01)

Post by crap_inhuman »

Sat32blk wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:08 am Discogs tagger writes media format tag as example: CD, Album, Club Edition

Would it be possible to get the discogs tagger to write it like this: CD; Album; Club Edition

So auto-organize could use the separate tags?
Hey, sure, i will add an option to change the separator. I release a new version of the tagger not later than tomorrow.
Metal up your ass !
-----------------------------------------------
I added my first 2 videos on youtube. The language is german.

Discogs Autorisierung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oryxKKtnEnc
Discogs Tagger Bedienung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85Wk-5rd-W0
crap_inhuman

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.64 (Updated: 2018-11-01)

Post by crap_inhuman »

Sat32blk wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:08 am Wish or how too question?
Discogs tagger writes media format tag as example: CD, Album, Club Edition

Would it be possible to get the discogs tagger to write it like this: CD; Album; Club Edition

So auto-organize could use the separate tags?

and I know it can be done with regex find and replace it would just be simpler if it just worked with the tagging

Thanks
Just released Version 5.65 of Discogs Tagger. You can find the format separator option in the Discogs Tagger options.

I hope this is what you want.

Happy tagging :wink:
Metal up your ass !

Sat32blk

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.65 (Updated: 2019-04-01)

Post by Sat32blk »

Just tried it works great thanks very much
misterioso

Error #-21466997208 - msxml6.dll

Post by misterioso »

I can no longer get Discogs Tagger to work. Ever since installing v5.65, I've been getting the following error message:

The download of the specified resource has failed.
File: "C:\Users\[UserName}\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\Scripts\DiscogsWebTag.vsb", Line: 6350, Column 3

Discogs Tagger was working for me for both the Discogs and Musicbrainz datatabases for the past 3 days without any issues. Today, I'm encountering the above error message for the Discogs database only. The extension still allows me to retrieve tag information from the Musicbrainz database.

Several times after encountering this error message when accessing the Discogs database, I was able to restore functionality by going to Tools > Options > Discogs Tagger, then clearing out the Discogs Access Token and Access Token Secret codes. I would then close attempt to tag a group of music files from the Discogs database, which in turn initializes the Discogs Authorization popup screen. From there, I would go into Discogs website, create new Access Token and Access Token Secret codes. After this process, the Discogs Tagger would typically work for Discogs database tags.

As I stated, I've had 3 consecutive days of continual access to the Discogs database until today. I've tried uninstalling / reinstalling MM, the Discogs Tagger app, revoking and creating new Discogs tokens, and going back to v5.64 which never previously gave me any issues. but now v5.64 also brings up the same error message, albeit showing Line: 6347, Column 3.

I pretty much exhausted all the courses of action I can think of.

Any suggested fixes? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
misterhabs

Re: Error #-21466997208 - msxml6.dll

Post by misterhabs »

I'm having the same problem. Everything worked until today.
misterioso wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:55 pm I can no longer get Discogs Tagger to work. Ever since installing v5.65, I've been getting the following error message:

The download of the specified resource has failed.
File: "C:\Users\[UserName}\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\Scripts\DiscogsWebTag.vsb", Line: 6350, Column 3

Discogs Tagger was working for me for both the Discogs and Musicbrainz datatabases for the past 3 days without any issues. Today, I'm encountering the above error message for the Discogs database only. The extension still allows me to retrieve tag information from the Musicbrainz database.

Several times after encountering this error message when accessing the Discogs database, I was able to restore functionality by going to Tools > Options > Discogs Tagger, then clearing out the Discogs Access Token and Access Token Secret codes. I would then close attempt to tag a group of music files from the Discogs database, which in turn initializes the Discogs Authorization popup screen. From there, I would go into Discogs website, create new Access Token and Access Token Secret codes. After this process, the Discogs Tagger would typically work for Discogs database tags.

As I stated, I've had 3 consecutive days of continual access to the Discogs database until today. I've tried uninstalling / reinstalling MM, the Discogs Tagger app, revoking and creating new Discogs tokens, and going back to v5.64 which never previously gave me any issues. but now v5.64 also brings up the same error message, albeit showing Line: 6347, Column 3.

I pretty much exhausted all the courses of action I can think of.

Any suggested fixes? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
misterioso

Re: Error #-21466997208 - msxml6.dll

Post by misterioso »

misterhabs wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:34 pm I'm having the same problem. Everything worked until today.
Hmmm... I rebooted my computer and now it's working again. I'm able to pull metadata from the Discogs database.

See the steps that I detailed above. Uninstall Discogs Tagger. If it asks if you want to delete the .ini file containing the Discogs Tagger settings, say yes. Then log into the Discogs website, go to settings / applications, then revoke your Discogs Tagger token.

Then reboot.

Reinstall Discogs Tagger and try to tag some music files. You should be prompted with popup window asking you to go to the Discogs website and create a new authorization (token) code. When you create the code, the Discogs website will generate a popup window containing your token ID and token secret ID. Copy both to a text file and save it to your computer. After creating the code and clicking on "Okay" on the popup window, you should receive a congratulatory popup window advising that Discogs Tagger now ready to use.

Try tagging some files. If you see the same error message, close up Media Monkey and reboot your computer. Open MM and trying tagging some files. If you see a popup message advising that Discog Tagger is not authorized by Discogs.com, it means that the Token ID and Token Secret ID codes was not saved to MM.

Close up the popup error message, and go to Tools > Options > Discogs Tagger and copy and paste the Token ID and Token Secret ID codes in the appropriate boxes. Copy and paste the Token ID and Token Secret ID codes (previously saved in a text file) to the appropriate boxes, then click on save.

Try tagging files again. It should work. If not, try rebooting again...

To be quite honest, I don't know if rebooting is coincidental to fixing the issue, but mine started working after coming out of a reboot. I'm also not sure if all the reboots I described above are necessary, but I inserted the reboot instructions above in process points where a reboot might be a logical step.

Anyways, give it a try. Maybe your luck at this will be as good as mine. Hope this helps.
crap_inhuman

Post by crap_inhuman »

Hey,

i will check this later this day. I'm at work now
Metal up your ass !

tugadaq1

Certificate error using discogs tagger

Post by tugadaq1 »

Successfully install 5.65. Pop up screen requests authorization. Authorization appears successful. But then when I click OK on the popup screen, I get the following error:
Error #-2146697191
Security certificate required to access this resource is invalid.

…..DiscogsWebTag.vbs, Line: 8779, Column: 2.

Go back it and find I have to repeat authorization.

As of a couple of days ago, 5.64 was working. But I was running to problems just before installing 5.65.
MM version 4.1.14.1813, Window 7 Pro current update. Problems began before win update which occurred today.
crap_inhuman

Post by crap_inhuman »

I just tried to tag an album and i tried to authorize the Tagger. Both works for me.

I searched at Discogs and found some new posts about having sometimes problems connecting to the Discogs-api, which is needed to receive data from Discogs.
The Discogs Team switched to new hardware some days ago and it doesn't work perfect right now.

Maybe this hint could help : If the Tagger suddenly doesn't work anymore, you should wait and try tagging later. Don't reinstall the add-on or re-authorize. Just wait and try it again. If waiting doesn't help, post a comment here, i will try to help you.

If you still have problems or solved them, post it here please
Last edited by crap_inhuman on Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Metal up your ass !

tugadaq1

Post by tugadaq1 »

I fixed the issue. Perhaps it was a temporary discogs problem. But I uninstalled discogs. Then I deleted all the leftover discog files in appdata, logged into discogs and deleted all the tokens. Reinstalled the discogs extension and I am running normally.
crap_inhuman

Post by crap_inhuman »

tugadaq1 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:08 pm I fixed the issue. Perhaps it was a temporary discogs problem. But I uninstalled discogs. Then I deleted all the leftover discog files in appdata, logged into discogs and deleted all the tokens. Reinstalled the discogs extension and I am running normally.
Thank you for your feedback!
Metal up your ass !

ashenkin

Post by ashenkin »

Thanks for all your work! I'm still (really) hoping for a button (or something) that *unchecks* all the boxes, and thus lets you check what you then want manually (instead of manually unchecking everything first). In my case, I often just want album art, which ends up being a real pain to uncheck everything...
Sat32blk

Post by Sat32blk »

Hello crap_inhuman
could you change the way discogs tagger treats vinyl disc numbering, right now it just seems to add a disc number 1 or 01 no matter how many lp's they are "beatle's" red and blue albums for example will result in one disc with 26 tracks.
Or in can be set with sides to disc that same album will generate 4 discs with six or seven tracks each. Using that same setting would create a double album from a single disc album.

I think it would be better and more accurate if the tagger created number from each vinyl lp so anything side a or b would all ways be disc 1 and side c or d would all ways be disc 2 ect.

so that a single disc album would be one disc
and a double album would two discs

Thanks
crap_inhuman

Post by crap_inhuman »

ashenkin wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:02 am Thanks for all your work! I'm still (really) hoping for a button (or something) that *unchecks* all the boxes, and thus lets you check what you then want manually (instead of manually unchecking everything first). In my case, I often just want album art, which ends up being a real pain to uncheck everything...
It's still on my ToDo list. I'll try to implement it in the next release.
Metal up your ass !

crap_inhuman

Post by crap_inhuman »

Sat32blk wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:26 am Hello crap_inhuman
could you change the way discogs tagger treats vinyl disc numbering, right now it just seems to add a disc number 1 or 01 no matter how many lp's they are "beatle's" red and blue albums for example will result in one disc with 26 tracks.
Or in can be set with sides to disc that same album will generate 4 discs with six or seven tracks each. Using that same setting would create a double album from a single disc album.

I think it would be better and more accurate if the tagger created number from each vinyl lp so anything side a or b would all ways be disc 1 and side c or d would all ways be disc 2 ect.

so that a single disc album would be one disc
and a double album would two discs

Thanks
Hi Sat32blk,

could you please give me an example (with the release-number from discogs), so i can better understand your request.
Metal up your ass !