Crash on sync

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

CraigG

Crash on sync

Post by CraigG »

I haven't been able to sync music for more than a month. I was using the Beta test version. I downgraded to the version on the Google store over the weekend to try again.

On both versions, during the sync process I get the message 'Updating meta data to server' then 'preparing tracks for deletion'.

Then the window closes and I get a message 'Debugs have been uploaded' (Beta version) and a window explaining the app has crashed and to please send a report (released version of app).

I cannot sync.
Lowlander

Re: Crash on sync

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MMW and how big is your sync list?
CraigG

Post by CraigG »

App Version 1.3.5.0856

MM5 Version 5.0.0.2173

16,800 tunes
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

CraigG wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 4:14 pm Then the window closes and I get a message 'Debugs have been uploaded' (Beta version) and a window explaining the app has crashed and to please send a report (released version of app).
I guess you are referring crash logs in MMA (MediaMonkey for Andorid) -- or MMW?
Could you please write the crash report ID here?
CraigG

Post by CraigG »

The Android app just says 'Debugs have been sent thank you' then it closes quickly.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi, ok, I will ask MMA colleague to analyze your MMA logs.

BTW: If you disable "delete tracks not on the sync-list" feature then the 'preparing tracks for deletion' is skipped. Does it process with the sync correctly then?
martin.bohac

Post by martin.bohac »

Please send me one debug log via "About MediaMonkey > Send logs" and note log ID to identify your device and your crash. Thanks.
CraigG

Post by CraigG »

Sent now. Let me know if you get it or not.
CraigG

Post by CraigG »

Hi Ludek

Thanks for monitoring this issue also.

My app said "delete all unselected content" I unchecked it and pressed 'sync now'. It just said 'sync incomplete'

I then unchecked 'delete unselected content copies and pressed 'sync now'. That worked - it started syncing again. It downloaded about 100 tracks then stopped. When I tried to sync again it said "Connecting to wifi network. Please wait."

It hung on that screen for hours. I restarted the phone - I restarted MM on the PC but it is still just sat on that message, "Connecting to wifi".

... three hours later it started syncing. So I presume while it said it was 'connecting to wifi', it was actually processing files? It might be an idea to change the message so people understand what is actually happening and don't repeatedly restart the device thinking the wifi is off. Maybe a message that, 'depending on the quantity of tracks in your library, this processing may take 3-4 hours"....

It stopped syncing several times. I restarted the sync each time and it connected quickly until eventually it crashed and I got the error here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoM1UrOaoKUMj5w2P-L1dKs9rWVVOg I have sent the log.

After that I got the message "connection failed" each time I tried to sync. I restarted the device and got the "Connecting to Wifi" message again. It has been more than an hour on this message, not letting me progress further.

The next day I started again and the syncing began fine. I had about 1380 tracks to download. The app would download 300-400 and then stop. when I synced again, it said it had about 1200 tracks to download. This happened a few times. One time it downloaded 600 tracks before stopping. When I restarted I was back to 1000 tracks left to download. Next it downloaded about 800 tracks and stopped. When started again it had 1386 tracks left to download.

So the app is obviously not performing an accurate count of tracks left to download each time it syncs or, does it have a maximum of 1386 tracks it can download at one time? It is not creating duplicates. The downloads are the next tracks in alphabetical order.
CraigG

Post by CraigG »

Hey guys - new issue - the app is now only downloading between 30-150 tunes at a time. I have to click 'sync' repeatedly to download the rest of my playlist, bit by bit.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Could you please download and install 2181 and generate debug log (item 4b here: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 30&t=86643) ?
1) Start DbgView app
2) Start MM5/MMA and initiate sync from MMA
3) After the sync finishes:
a) In MMA click the three dots upper-right menu > About MediaMonkey > Send logs
and write the log ID here!
b) Save the output from the DbgView to a file, upload the file to a free file hosting service (DropBox, RapidShare, FileDropper, MediaFire, ...) and share the link to the file with us (e.g. send me private message with the link or share it here)

Thanks!
CraigG

Post by CraigG »

Hi Ludek

I ended up deleting the app and all music from my phone and installing everything again. The syncing was then comprehensive, not limited to 50-150 files at a time.

The issue was with the app, not MM5. If I incur the same issue again, I'll come back to submit a report.