Volume Leveling, "working" but not Working.

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

Music_Nut

Volume Leveling, "working" but not Working.

Post by Music_Nut »

Greetings,

I have been fighting with this for some time now and thought I had it sorted but I discovered something that is possibly worse. I've been trying to Level my music (FLAC, M4A, MP3, etc.) and at the same time convert the media to a compatible format for my car's head unit. Recently I set my system to the task or analyzing the entire library in an effort to catch anything I missed. I then went in to the "Unanalyzed Volume" menu on the file tree and found a bunch of files that claimed not to have been analyzed. However, these same files have values in the "Track Volume" column. So I highlighted them in small groups and again set my system to analyzing the volumes.

Here is were it get interesting. Most of the files fell off the list after being "re-analyzed" but after refreshing the list even more "unanalyzed" files showed up. Other files have volume values but won't "re-analyze" so they never leave the list. I am at a loss as to why this is happening. Is there a way I can clear ALL the track volume data, while preserving ratings and other data, so that I can try again and see if there is just something corrupt in the database?

Thanks,

MN

MM ver.: 4.1.4.1709
Sys: 8-core AMD, 8gb Ram
Lowlander

Re: Volume Leveling, "working" but not Working.

Post by Lowlander »

Both Track and Album Volume need to be known for files not to show under Unanalyzed. You need to select all files on Album for analysis to have Album volume calculated (and Album needs to have more than 1 file).
BionicRooster

Post by BionicRooster »

How would one go about correcting this?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

BionicRooster wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 4:15 pmHow would one go about correcting this?
Lowlander wrote: Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:09 pmYou need to select all files on Album for analysis to have Album volume calculated (and Album needs to have more than 1 file).
Note that any Files to Edit node is just an aide in helping you manage your Library. That files are listed here doesn't mean that you need to fix them.