[SOLVED] MM unable to recognize running itunes

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

sallenmd87

[SOLVED] MM unable to recognize running itunes

Post by sallenmd87 »

Recently reinstalled iTunes to fix an iTunes Store glitch, which Apple now forces you to do from the Windows Store. Running latest version of MM4. Now it is unable to recognize that iTunes is install and running on my computer. When I plug mu iPhone in to sync with MM, pop-up says "An iPhone/iPod/iPad was detected. Please install iTunes in order to sync with MediaMonkey," It's already installed and running properly!! Why the error?? Deeply frustrating. Please help.

BTW, with Apple getting rid of iTunes, it seems MediaMonkey needs a sync mechanism that doesn't rely on a soon-to-be obsolete product? My reason for buying MM Gold in the first place was to not use iTunes anymore. Yet I still must.
sallenmd87

Re: MM unable to recognize running itunes

Post by sallenmd87 »

It appears that if you download the Windows Store version, it is not seen in the control panel, but has to be deleted from the Settings window. It's the "tablet" version, and MM does not seem to recognize it. Apple has hidden the download of the desktop version a few clicks further into their website. Once I found that, I was able to delete the tablet version thanks to instructions I found on the web. Then reinstalled desktop version and MM can use it to sync.

I still hope that MM finds a way to sync to iPhones without having to use iTunes since MediaMonkey is an iTunes replacement, that should make it simple to delete Apple's abomination from one's computer forever.
Peke

Re: [SOLVED] MM unable to recognize running itunes

Post by Peke »

Yes, what you found is correct.
ATM of this post Direct links to download desktop versions are
x64 https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/win64
x32 (do not install on x64 Windows) https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/win32
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Lowlander

Re: [SOLVED] MM unable to recognize running itunes

Post by Lowlander »

Apple devices require iTunes to communicate with the PC, thus other software relies on this to be able to sync with Apple devices.