Lyricator v1.4.4 (2019-06-23)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

thehammer
Posts: 124
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:15 pm

Re: Lyricator v1.4.1 (2018-4-23)

Post by thehammer » Sat May 25, 2019 4:02 pm

It takes some JavaScript and VBScript knowledge, but a lot of that is copy, paste, and figure out what to change to add a new one. The most difficult part is figuring out how the new site URLs work and inspecting the page with browser developer tools to figure out how to extract the lyrics. I may be spending some time this weekend to put out a fix for Musixmatch. If you want to send me the site, maybe I can take a look and see if I can add it.
ImageSpoon!

thehammer
Posts: 124
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:15 pm

Re: Lyricator v1.4.3 (2019-06-09)

Post by thehammer » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:59 pm

Just put version 1.4.3 out there to fix Genius lyrics results that were getting leftover HTML junk in them.
ImageSpoon!

kncuk1969
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:22 am

Re: Lyricator v1.4.3 (2019-06-09)

Post by kncuk1969 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:44 am

With regards to this plugin, it would appear that both lyricsmode and lyricswiki have stopped finding lyrics, there were also a few others but putting https instead of http in the JS file sorted that out.

Now we know that lyricswiki changed to lyricsfandom but changing that detail in the JS file does nothing to improve things (so they have obviously changed something else)

I know that both the sites have the lyric as I looked on the corresponding sites (Duran Duran - Save a prayer) so not a new track as fandom have currently closed the site for new edits/songs, one other thing concerning the search for this song is that lyricator is doing it by single letter for both of these sites but complete words for the rest.

Now I presume that the code has not been changed for these two sites, as I have tagged lyrics from lyricsmode within the last year, but I have not checked any previous versions of the JS files.

kncuk1969

thehammer
Posts: 124
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:15 pm

Re: Lyricator v1.4.3 (2019-06-09)

Post by thehammer » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:44 pm

kncuk1969 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:44 am
With regards to this plugin, it would appear that both lyricsmode and lyricswiki have stopped finding lyrics, there were also a few others but putting https instead of http in the JS file sorted that out.

Now we know that lyricswiki changed to lyricsfandom but changing that detail in the JS file does nothing to improve things (so they have obviously changed something else)

I know that both the sites have the lyric as I looked on the corresponding sites (Duran Duran - Save a prayer) so not a new track as fandom have currently closed the site for new edits/songs, one other thing concerning the search for this song is that lyricator is doing it by single letter for both of these sites but complete words for the rest.

Now I presume that the code has not been changed for these two sites, as I have tagged lyrics from lyricsmode within the last year, but I have not checked any previous versions of the JS files.

kncuk1969
Thanks for the information. Which sites need to change to https? I remember some of the sites had lyrics that were sorted by the first letter of song or artist, but would have to look at the code to see which ones. Maybe this weekend I can look at lyricsfandom and see what has changed and if I can support it.
ImageSpoon!

kncuk1969
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:22 am

Re: Lyricator v1.4.3 (2019-06-09)

Post by kncuk1969 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:53 am

thehammer

I have looked at version 1.4.1.1(Apr 2018, last version to work with lyricsmode) and current 1.4.3.1 offering, also this was when I first started to find that some of them had to have the s added to http.

The sites that need changing to https are:
lyricsmode.com
elyrics.net

PS.
I have looked at lyricsfandom again and realised I forgot :oops: to add the s when I changed it from lyricswiki so the code should read.
'https://lyrics.fandom.com/wiki/%artist%:%title%'

PPS
Having scoured both JS files other than the current changes for genius I can't see any other changes that would change the searching to single letter song searches (so for my example of save a prayer it meant it searched s,a,v,e,p,r,y, but only on certain sites)

kncuk1969

thehammer
Posts: 124
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:15 pm

Re: Lyricator v1.4.3 (2019-06-09)

Post by thehammer » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:59 pm

kncuk1969 wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:53 am
thehammer

I have looked at version 1.4.1.1(Apr 2018, last version to work with lyricsmode) and current 1.4.3.1 offering, also this was when I first started to find that some of them had to have the s added to http.

The sites that need changing to https are:
lyricsmode.com
elyrics.net

PS.
I have looked at lyricsfandom again and realised I forgot :oops: to add the s when I changed it from lyricswiki so the code should read.
'https://lyrics.fandom.com/wiki/%artist%:%title%'

PPS
Having scoured both JS files other than the current changes for genius I can't see any other changes that would change the searching to single letter song searches (so for my example of save a prayer it meant it searched s,a,v,e,p,r,y, but only on certain sites)

kncuk1969
Thanks for the info. I have updated those lyrics sites to https and updated the lyrics.fandom.com URL. I cannot reproduce what you are seeing with the Duran Duran song. My only suggestions would be to check your song title in the tag and MM library and/or maybe some the search option config for Lyricator like the delimiter array values.
ImageSpoon!

rvonder
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:34 am
Location: Northern Virginia (D.C. Metro)

Re: Lyricator v1.4.4 (2019-06-23)

Post by rvonder » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:26 am

Hope I'm not covering old ground here, but I'm having a lot of trouble getting Lyricator to work consistently. I'm running the latest version of MM4 (4.1.25.1886) on Windows 10, although the problem also affected earlier versions. The Lyricator installation goes fine, and I'm using the current version (1.4.4.1).

I select all the tracks on a single album, right-click, and pick 'Scripts' followed by 'All configured sites'. The Lyricator dialog pops up, and a spinning circle appears in the upper-left corner. This happens about 90% of the time. Nothing else happens, no matter how long I wait. But every once in a while (the other 10%), I do exactly the same steps and it works perfectly. This seems to be totally random - I can't find any pattern to it occasionally working properly. (But when it does work, it's very fast and gives great results!)

This is driving me nuts: I've tried uninstalling Lyricator, exiting MM, and then re-installing... no improvement. When Lyricator hangs, I've tried exiting and restarting MM, but again, no improvement. Any ideas what causes it to hang most of the time, while still working occasionally? Thanks for any thoughts!

thehammer
Posts: 124
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:15 pm

Re: Lyricator v1.4.4 (2019-06-23)

Post by thehammer » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:46 pm

rvonder wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:26 am
Hope I'm not covering old ground here, but I'm having a lot of trouble getting Lyricator to work consistently. I'm running the latest version of MM4 (4.1.25.1886) on Windows 10, although the problem also affected earlier versions. The Lyricator installation goes fine, and I'm using the current version (1.4.4.1).

I select all the tracks on a single album, right-click, and pick 'Scripts' followed by 'All configured sites'. The Lyricator dialog pops up, and a spinning circle appears in the upper-left corner. This happens about 90% of the time. Nothing else happens, no matter how long I wait. But every once in a while (the other 10%), I do exactly the same steps and it works perfectly. This seems to be totally random - I can't find any pattern to it occasionally working properly. (But when it does work, it's very fast and gives great results!)

This is driving me nuts: I've tried uninstalling Lyricator, exiting MM, and then re-installing... no improvement. When Lyricator hangs, I've tried exiting and restarting MM, but again, no improvement. Any ideas what causes it to hang most of the time, while still working occasionally? Thanks for any thoughts!
See http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ni#p382090

Essentially this sounds like there are Lyricator configurations in multiple places and when the wrong one loads first it gives you this issue. You will need to uninstall, clean up all the configuration files of Lyricator settings and then re-install. I still haven't figured out how or when this happens but it may be that Lyricator was installed in two different modes (for all users, for one user, portable) at different points in time.
ImageSpoon!

marqs

Re: Lyricator v1.4.4 (2019-06-23)

Post by marqs » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:13 pm

so i noticed a bug. the plugin cant find lyric to song with accents `´ at least with those. i had some songs like "Já estive aqui" and cannot find lyric on genius, but the rest of album songs it found. so i replaced de "já" for "ja" and it got the lyric. but it a bit annoying had to replace all and after rename again. hope you can fix this bug!! :D :D great work, i love the extension

Post Reply