Sync to Google Play Music now crashes (2188)

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Linwood

Sync to Google Play Music now crashes (2188)

Post by Linwood »

I saw that the bug (15832) that kept me from doing google sync was fixed, so installed and gave it a go.

I deleted my GPM device, deleted all the music on GPM (which I had uploaded manually with the music manager), and added the device, selected one album and one playlist and started uploading. It fails immediately with an assertion failed crash.

It seems to send the log file, then fails again, and when sending that log hangs. The restart/safe/continue dialog is up, but cannot be selected, and I had to kill it a couple times in task manager.

Did the logs come through so you have them, or do I need to try to capture a debug view capture?

The album to be uploaded was "4" by Fourplay. None of the tracks appeared on GPM after the crash. The tracks are flac tracks ripped from a retail CD.

This is not a gold version.

Let me know how I can provide more info if needed, or logs if they didn't come over.

Linwood
Last edited by Linwood on Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linwood

Re: Sync to Google Play Music now crashes (2188)

Post by Linwood »

Well, I'm now baffled.

I decided to try this again and see if I could see anything in the logs, and it is no longer crashing. I tried setting it up from scratch also. I hope the logs it sent just before the original post will yield some info.

I did run into another problem...

If it sync's a M4P file which has DRM, it appropriately gives a "cannot decode" message, BUT it uploads a corrupt file that shows 15 seconds and GPM can't play. I don't think it should upload anything if it fails.

But I'm mystified what was different as I had it crash before multiple times.

Could it be that I had 3000+ tracks on GPM, deleted them, but maybe it took a while to delete and something did not work right (i.e. MM5 crash) because I sync'd too soon after doing the delete?

Anyway, will add a bunch more, see what happens.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi,
I don't see any crash reports (dumps) from your email address here. So they probably has failed to submit?

Nevertheless you should be able to find the error report as 'MediaMonkey.elf' / 'MediaMonkey.el' located in the same folder as MediaMonkey.exe or at c:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\EurekaLab s.a.s\EurekaLog\Bug Reports\ or at C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\EurekaLog\MediaMonkey
Linwood

Post by Linwood »

@Ludek -- this didn't occur to me until I read your note, but.... how would the program know my email address? I can't remember it ever asking?

I looked in the location mentioned and found nothing (I found the folder but no files), which I interpreted to mean it had sent them?

Anyway, I've made enough of GPM in trying to figure things out I think it may be better to start anew. It's only a few hours of computer time.

More later, depending on what it does.
Linwood

Post by Linwood »

OK, so I did this again as follows:

- Deleted GPM from MM5
- Deleted all playlists from GPM
- Deleted all music tracks from GPM
- Restarted MM5
- Added GPM
- Checked the boxes under remote content to "Scan GPM content" and "only include content that matches", left unchecked the Download GPM, and un-checked the "Sync GPM metadata".
- Selected all music (nothing else, not playlists, etc.)

Apply and sync.

A couple minutes later I got an "Assertion Failed"

I hit Send Log, it sent, then immediately did another Assertion Failed (different look then).

I did Send Log and it now offers option to restart, but it is not possible to actually select it, just a spinning wheel over that dialog. Here's task manager:

All I could figure to do is kill it.

After I did, I looked in C:\Users\Ferguson\AppData\Roaming\EurekaLab s.a.s and there are no files in the entire tree, just folders, but no files.

The failure was around 12:19 UTC on 7/30, so maybe you can locate the logs (if it sent them) based on time and these screen shots? Not sure how it would identify as coming from me, though some environment variables and paths may show "Ferguson".
Linwood

Post by Linwood »

Postscript: Started it again, checked the options to make sure they were there but did not change anything, and hit Sync. It is running now, at 46 of 3292. I'll see what it shows in the morning; I only have 10mbs up, so it takes a while.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Thanks for the submits, I have the logs from Ferguson here, they are C49131B2 and A04C7553

Thanks! To be fixed in the next build as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=15850
Linwood

Post by Linwood »

@Ludek, thanks.

It ran overnight and crashed at some point, different sort of crash (not assertion failed). I am sending the logs right now from that crash. It's B1A25CA sent about the time of this posting.

It looks like it died after 977 songs uploaded (per GPM itself) of the 3292 tracks I have.

When I restarted it, it showed "Updated 764 files" (which is wrong, I think it should be 977) then started syncing 19 of 2528. Now maybe it started at 1, but if so it did the first 18 extremely fast and I did not see them. 2528 is indeed 3292 less the 764 it thinks it did, so somewhere it misplaced 213 tracks in its reconciliation.

But... that's probably more relevant to what I was discussing in https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 30&t=94858. Relevant to this thread is --- it crashes still.

Though I guess it might be another intermittent error such as you just fixed, though from different cause.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Thx, I see it in the log B1A2A5CA
The server suddenly returned HTTP error 502 with msg "The server encountered a temporary error and could not complete your request.<p>Please try again in 30 seconds. <ins>That’s all we know." and MM5 did not handle this error well.
Will be fixed as part of https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=15850