Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

mhendu

Re: Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2+]

Post by mhendu »

ZvezdanD wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:56 am
mhendu wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:38 pmHere's a screenshot of the settings
I told you, you should get opened the new Magic Nodes SQL Editor dialog box, not Edit Magic Node.
Got it - working now, thanks!
profucius

Magic Nodes breaks Windows 10 v1803/9

Post by profucius »

Hi there, I'll start by saying wonderful extension! I love it and have grown to depend on it for so much. Apologies if this has already been discussed, if so please just point me to the right place.

I've just updated my Windows to the newest version 1809, and I read over in this thread (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=89731&start=15) that certain extensions can cause MediaMonkey to clash with Windows Defender Real-Time Protection. It makes it so that doing any task, playing a song, loading a playlist, take 5 seconds to do each. After removing and individually readdding each extension, I deduced that Magic Nodes is the extension that is causing this issue for me.

Is there a fix for this issue on MediaMonkey v4? I really hope so!
ZvezdanD

Re: Magic Nodes breaks Windows 10 v1803/9

Post by ZvezdanD »

profucius wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:01 pmIt makes it so that doing any task, playing a song, loading a playlist, take 5 seconds to do each. After removing and individually readdding each extension, I deduced that Magic Nodes is the extension that is causing this issue for me.

Is there a fix for this issue on MediaMonkey v4? I really hope so!
There are reports that MediaMonkey with this add-on has a very slow startup on Windows 10 after its April 2018 Update when Windows Defender has Real-Time Protection enabled. This problem is reported to Microsoft, but they don't care about it. You could do any of the next things:
- go to the Microsoft site and leave your report, there is a better chance that the folks at Microsoft will do something about the problem if more people request that; or
- turn off Windows Defender Real-Time Protection and use some other anti-malware; or
- remove all MN masks that you don't need since this slow down is related to the number of installed masks; or
- donate to me and you will receive the enhanced version of the add-on which has implemented a workaround for this problem, making it as fast as before the mentioned Windows Update.

By the way, you are the first user that experienced and reported slow work of the program doing any task. All previous users reported normal use after startup of the program. If you are absolutely sure that this add-on is a reason for such behavior, there is a possibility that even the enhanced version could not help with that.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
TribalMethods

Post by TribalMethods »

I'm struggling to get a script that I half-made myself working. I did just donate for the enhanced version so hopefully that'll help me learn more by having more scripts to look at...

Anyway, what I am trying to do is to select 500 random tracks from each listed genre, then limit the tracks per artist to 5.
The first part I think I've mostly successfully done properly, though it doesn't seem to be truly random... if that is even possible.

Here is what I've got so far that *seems* to work:

Code: Select all

Songs.ID IN (SELECT Songs.ID FROM Songs, (SELECT DISTINCT GenresSongs.IDGenre AS IDGenre FROM GenresSongs) AS G1 WHERE Songs.ID IN (SELECT Songs.ID FROM Songs, GenresSongs WHERE Songs.ID = GenresSongs.IDSong AND GenresSongs.IDGenre = G1.IDGenre ORDER BY Random() LIMIT 5000)) AND <Genre> IN ('Alternative', 'Asian Music', 'Dance', 'Electro', 'Folk', 'Metal', 'Pop', 'Punk', 'Rap/Hip Hop', 'Reggae', 'Rock')
This also seems to be *close* I believe, but I only end up with 5 results and it takes far longer than it should, especially since I reduced the songs down to 40 per genre:

Songs.ID IN (SELECT Songs.ID FROM Songs, (SELECT DISTINCT GenresSongs.IDGenre AS IDGenre FROM GenresSongs) AS G1, Artists WHERE Songs.ID IN (SELECT Songs.ID FROM Songs, GenresSongs WHERE Songs.ID = GenresSongs.IDSong AND GenresSongs.IDGenre = G1.IDGenre ORDER BY Random() LIMIT 40) ORDER BY Artists.ID LIMIT 5) AND <Genre> IN ('Alternative', 'Asian Music', 'Dance', 'Electro', 'Folk', 'Metal', 'Pop', 'Punk', 'Rap/Hip Hop', 'Reggae', 'Rock')
I really wish there was a better manual out there... it's such a powerful tool yet I find it very confusing to write scripts in. If anyone has any other material I should read up on that'd be awesome :)

Edit:
Enhanced Version was just delivered!

The default script which selects "20 random files from 'Blues and Rock genre's" is what I built off in the free version. However it seems the enhanced version script is a tad different... It still works ALMOST how I need it to, I just need to figure out how to limit it to 5 tracks per artist :lol: Should be easy... for anyone that knows Magic Nodes well I'd imagine.

Default Script for "Select 20 random files from 'Blues & Rock' Genres:"

Songs.ID IN (SELECT Songs.ID FROM Songs, (SELECT DISTINCT IDGenre FROM GenresSongs) AS T1 WHERE Songs.ID IN (SELECT Songs.ID FROM Songs INNER JOIN GenresSongs ON Songs.ID = GenresSongs.IDSong INNER JOIN Genres ON GenresSongs.IDGenre = Genres.IDGenre WHERE GenresSongs.IDGenre = T1.IDGenre ORDER BY Random() LIMIT <Number|Caption:Number of files per Genre|Value:20|MinValue:0|MaxValue:100|ID:1>)) AND <Genre> IN ('Blues', 'Rock')
Edit:
SOLVED. PM me on Reddit if you want this mask. Same username.
Pietercape

Where to find Magic Nodes?

Post by Pietercape »

I am having a problem with delayed loading due to the Magic Nodes script. This forum has some topics on this subject and the answer seems to be a donation only fix for the script. The links for Magic Nodes in this section are ALL out of date as is the MediaMonkey.com/scripts.htm page. Only by Googling Magic nodes does the correct information come. It is: http://solair.eunet.rs/~zvezdand/MagicNodes.htm
Spix

Find tracks without an image file but with an image in a tag?

Post by Spix »

Hello

I would like to find all tracks with 1 (or more) picture(s) attached in a tag but with no external file. Then I would like to use Album Art Tagger to extract this picture into an external file and link it to the track.
How can I create a mask with essentially a filter of the kind "count(cover storage)==1 and cover storage = 'Tag'" to find all those tracks?

I hope someone will help with this wonderful addon Magic Nodes!

Best regards
TheMadZymurgist

Magic Nodes keeps disappearing

Post by TheMadZymurgist »

I absolutely love this extension!!

I'm using MM 4.1.24 and Magic Nodes 4.3.3.

Everything works perfectly until I access Tools->Options from MM's main menu.

As soon as click OK to leave options, the Magic Nodes part of the tree in the left panel disappears and I can't figure out how to get it back. I have to uninstall Magic Nodes and re-install it.

Any help to this relative computer novice would be appreciated.

Thankjs
ZvezdanD

Re: Magic Nodes keeps disappearing

Post by ZvezdanD »

TheMadZymurgist wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 7:08 pmEverything works perfectly until I access Tools->Options from MM's main menu.

As soon as click OK to leave options, the Magic Nodes part of the tree in the left panel disappears and I can't figure out how to get it back. I have to uninstall Magic Nodes and re-install it.
Which option did you access in the Tools/Options dialog box, is it some from the Magic Nodes tab or anything else? If it is a MN related option, did you try to access the same option using the Edit/Magic Nodes/Options dialog box? Did you check out if the Magic Nodes node is enabled on the Collections tab?
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
TheMadZymurgist

Re: Magic Nodes keeps disappearing

Post by TheMadZymurgist »

When I open up Tools->Options, it is on the General options tab/selection. I immediate click on 'OK' to close the Options box and magic nodes is gone.

However, upon exploring the File->Manage Collections box (previously unvisited by me), I see greyed out options for Magic nodes with an unchecked box in front of it. Although the words 'Magic Nodes' are grey (rather than black like most of the rest), I can check the box and Magic Nodes. When I do, magic nodes again appears in my collections tree. Hurray! Problem solved.
GbMedusa

Adding Artist Comment to Magic Nodes field selector

Post by GbMedusa »

I have a Magic Node with the following SQL query to match (or not match) Artist Comments with a certain string.

<Group|Name:Comments>\Artist Comment doesn't start with "Sorted Name: "|Filter:Songs.ID NOT IN (SELECT Songs.ID FROM Songs, ArtistsSongs, Artists WHERE Songs.ID = ArtistsSongs.IDSong AND ArtistsSongs.IDArtist = Artists.ID AND Artists.Comment LIKE ('Sorted Name: %'))\<Artist|All:Yes|Show rank:Yes>
Right now, I have them listed by Artist. I would like to add another node with the same query but listed by Artist Comment so I can look at each comment and see if it is formatted correctly and which ones are empty. However, the Comment field in the Magic Nodes drop-down list is for the Song Comment.

Since the Artist Comment field is a valid database field, is there a way to add it to the Field selector drop-down in Magic Nodes?

Thanks in advance.
ZvezdanD

Re: Adding Artist Comment to Magic Nodes field selector

Post by ZvezdanD »

GbMedusa wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 6:20 pmSince the Artist Comment field is a valid database field, is there a way to add it to the Field selector drop-down in Magic Nodes?
Sorry, but it is not possible with the existing version of the add-on. The MM database has too many "valid database fields", and many of them are not directly supported through the Field drop-down in Magic Nodes.

However, I think your suggestion is a nice one and I will add it to the ToDo list.
el_mundi

Re: Magic Nodes 4.0 w/ 320 masks & real GUI (2010-06-24) [MM

Post by el_mundi »

Anamon wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:56 am
ZvezdanD wrote:
IWakeUpStrange wrote:I'm wondering if it's possible to use Magic Nodes to create a node that combines the content of two separate fields into one list, where the same entry in both fields would appear only once in the node list. Essentially, it would be like MM's native "Artist & Album Artist" node, only using different fields (in my case, Custom 1 and Custom 2).
Sorry, but this is not possible.
Dug this up from a year ago, because I tried to do the same thing. I'd like to have an Involved People node that doesn't only list people from the Involved People field, but also Composer (and possibly Conductor and Lyricist, too). I don't redundantly add people from these fields to Involved People a second time. Each node would then bring up all the tracks this person has been involved in, no matter in which of the fields they appear.

Since this does not seem to be currently possible with MagicNodes, I'd like to cast my vote as feature request for such an option, maybe someday, in some distant update? :D It's literally the only idea I have ever had that I was not able to realise with MagicNodes, so thanks for this amazing add-on, it is an invaluable tool!
It's quite a few years, since these posts have been written.
Has there ever been a solution for this wish to combine fields in one node?
In my particular case I would like to see Composer and Lyricist in one Node.
MediaMonkey user since a long time - MediaMonkey Gold user since 2009
Database > 100 000 entries
Android: MMA: 1.3.9.0924 and MMA Pro: 1.3.0017 (I don't know, why there are two entries)
Windows: MMW 4.1.29.1910
ZvezdanD

Re: Magic Nodes 4.0 w/ 320 masks & real GUI (2010-06-24) [MM

Post by ZvezdanD »

el_mundi wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 4:28 amHas there ever been a solution for this wish to combine fields in one node?
In my particular case I would like to see Composer and Lyricist in one Node.
No, it is not currently possible and I am not sure if it would be so easy to implement at all. I don't have any idea how to update the syntax of masks to allow such request. The thing is similar to the case with the previous post: there is a list of predefined fields and users do not have ability to add new fields to that list. I could add one or more new fields hard-coded in the script that I find interested (as it is suggested "Artist Comment"), but the combination of two or more fields is not possible even hard-coded. Not to mention that you want the used-defined combination of several fields which would be even more complicated. Of course, we are not talking here about the combination of two or more fields that is already done, e.g. with the "Artist - Title", or "Album (Album Artist)", since that is completely different.

However, i will add that suggestion to the ToDo list anyway.
willyvds

Post by willyvds »

I've made an autoplaylist with sorted results, based on the number of tracks in each sub-node.
I am using the count function in "sort node (prefixes)" with "descending order" and "show sort key" checked.

The autoplaylist works fine, except that the nodes are sorted alphabetically. Also, the descending option does not have the result that I expect.

What I would like as sort order is (eg): 14 - 9 - 5 (large to small, numerically).
What I get is: 14 - 5 - 9 (small to large, alphabetically).

This is the mask:
Componist/tempo|Filter:<Genre> = 'Classical'|Child of:Playlists|Position:Auto child\<Composer|Sort by:Count(Tempo) Desc|Filter:Count(DISTINCT <Tempo>) <> 1|Top:10>
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

willyvds wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:25 amThe autoplaylist works fine, except that the nodes are sorted alphabetically. Also, the descending option does not have the result that I expect.
Here is the excerpt from the Creating playlists subsection of the add-on's web page:
"All nodes in the Playlists branch are always sorted alphabetically...
There are some limitations with the masks that create Magic playlists: ... You could specify Sort by qualifier for some level of sub-nodes in the Magic playlists, but there is a chance that you would not get what you want, because the playlists are always sorted alphabetically (in such case consider a possibility to turn on the Show ordinal numbers option for that level)."